Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung S8 Oreo update not received

(Topic created on: 09-05-2018 03:53 PM)
EpiD
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

As of today have still not received Oreo update on my unlocked Galaxy S8 SM_G950F (IMEI 359041081053101) .

Can anyone advise what is taking so long?

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
Chewbacca
Navigator
Options
Other Smartphones
If you have a computer then want you can do is download Smart Switch to the computer and connect the device to the computer and run smart switch. This will pick up if any updates are available and will allow you to download them using smart switch.
And as a bonus you can back up the device before doing the update as well.

Hope this helps
EpiD
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks Chewbacca .Tried that multiple times but still no luck .

0 Likes
MasukaH
Voyager
Options
Other Smartphones

Hey @EpiD!

Software updates are released in batches, so there can be variations in the timeframes this get to an individual. We hope you receive yours soon! :womanvery-happy:

Hells
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi can anyone let me now if they have not received oreo as I have still not got it on my s8.plus ridiculous nearly end of August.  Samsung help lines rubbish tell me to download smart switch of which I did but says I am up to date. Getting really fed up with it still on android 7

Thanks

Vinnie089
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I still have not received the oreo update. I too was told to download smartswitch but that did not help.

0 Likes
Hells
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
Hi don't listen to any of them don't know what they talking about. Went into Samsung store yesterday they checked my phone and put Oreo on for me finally got it. Don't bother asking anyone any questions as they know nothing just go Samsung store they will sort it out hope this helps
0 Likes
PANDA9
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Taking into Samsung store does this cost to get Oreo put on ? 

0 Likes
Hells
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

No they did for me free of charge

0 Likes
PANDA9
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks , Going to visit them today see what they say. 

0 Likes