Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 network signal loss

(Topic created on: 16-07-2020 05:48 AM)
NunesR
Apprentice
Options

My Samsung S8 signal is showing zero signal within a minute of switching on. I tried all options of reseating the SIM card, resetting network settings, factory reset, even reloading the software. After software reload, it worked for 3 weeks and then again the old problem of zero signal restarted.

The problem first started after the April 2020 software update. I therefore thought that it was a software issue and tried factory reset and reloading the software. But neither helps.

Someone please provide a solution to my problem as it is very frustrating.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @NunesR 

Does this happen everywhere you go or in one place  ?

Can you as a process of elimination try your sim card in another phone and try another different sim card in your phone  ?

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre would be able to help you further.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
NunesR
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

I tried my SIM card in other phones. It's working fine there. If I put another SIM card (which is working in other phones) in my phone, the same zero signal problem still occurs.

I even replaced my SIM card with a new one. It worked fine for 2-3 hours & again the signal loss problem reoccured. This is happening at all locations where I go.

As regards the Samsung Service Centre, due to lockdown in Mumbai, all are closed at the moment. So I'm terribly stuck with the problem.

Can you please guide my to a solution.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If this is a software or hardware issue @NunesR then the best place is a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre as they are authorised to carry out diagnostics and if necessary warranty work.

In the Uk Samsung provide a Doorstep service which is where it can be arranged for a technician to attend.

Or Samsung can arrange for a returns bag.

This is what's available in the Uk so it maybe different for your country.

Perhaps speak with your countries Samsung Support Department to ask what your options are.

I hope they re open ASAP.

As you've tried your sim card in another phone and it's working then that rules out the sim card and network masts at issue.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

NunesR
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the quick reply. Since I have tried reloading the software, guess that rules out a software problem.

Also, when connected as a hotspot sometimes, the network signal holds on longer. Does this provide any leads for you to suggest a solution ?

Regards,

0 Likes