Support

Open search

Samsung S8 making random beeping sound.

Highlighted
SOLVED

Hello. looking to see if someone can help me with an issue ive been having for quite some time now and was hoping that an update would fix the issue, but sadly it has only gotten worse.

Problem:

my phone AND my wifes phones are making random beeping sound. The sound that is makes is the same sound if you press the volume rocker once.

it makes the sound everytime after i get a notification, and sometimes when im watching snapchats or on instagram when im watching someones feed. as soon as it goes to the next snap or video AUTOMATICALLY it makes the beep.

Phone Model: SM-G950W

Android Version: 7.0

Experience Version: 8.1

Developer mode is OFF

phone is up to date with updates. 

if anyone knows anything please elt me know!. id really prefer NOT to wipe my phone. 

54 REPLIES 54
Highlighted

I turned off NFC and it stopped beeping 

Highlighted
First Poster

Try turning off "Nearly Device Scanning" in Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings. Worked for my mom's kid's brother! 

Highlighted
First Poster

Does anyone have a solution that doesn't involve turning NFC off? I use Google Pay all the time and I need my cards as backup. The card holder in my case is a very useful place to put them.

Highlighted

Remove any bank cards, etc. away from your phone ..

Highlighted

Thank you for the reply, it is the NFC reacting to the cards I keep in the phone wallet. Anyone know how to turn it off?

Highlighted

@CJCB Thank you, but I want to stop the beeping, not put my cards somewhere else. The whole point of the card slot in the case is to keep cards there. Also, I don't want to turn NFC on and off each time I use it. Why is there no option to turn off the beeping?

Highlighted
Turn off NFC in your settings
Highlighted
The beeping is the NFC working; it is doing what it is designed to do. Two choices, either turn it off or move the cards away. You cannot have NFC on and not expect it to react when something it reacts to is near, that's what NFC does.
Highlighted

@CJCB wrote:
The beeping is the NFC working; it is doing what it is designed to do. Two choices, either turn it off or move the cards away. You cannot have NFC on and not expect it to react when something it reacts to is near, that's what NFC does.

So by that logic if I have my phone on silent then NFC won't work any more? 

Highlighted

I can get away will turning my card the other way up and it seems to be just far away enough. Other solution put kitchen foil insert in the wallet slot so that when its open its inbetween your card and the phone.... Stay safe all.... 

Top Liked Authors