Support

Open search

Samsung S8 making random beeping sound.

Highlighted
SOLVED

Hello. looking to see if someone can help me with an issue ive been having for quite some time now and was hoping that an update would fix the issue, but sadly it has only gotten worse.

Problem:

my phone AND my wifes phones are making random beeping sound. The sound that is makes is the same sound if you press the volume rocker once.

it makes the sound everytime after i get a notification, and sometimes when im watching snapchats or on instagram when im watching someones feed. as soon as it goes to the next snap or video AUTOMATICALLY it makes the beep.

Phone Model: SM-G950W

Android Version: 7.0

Experience Version: 8.1

Developer mode is OFF

phone is up to date with updates. 

if anyone knows anything please elt me know!. id really prefer NOT to wipe my phone. 

56 REPLIES 56
Highlighted

Omg thank you so much, this has been driving me bananas for months!!!!

Highlighted

Absolute legend!!

The beeping has been driving me insane for days.

Turned NFC off and its stopped. 

Thanks!!

Highlighted

Me too..

So glad to find out how to stop it.

Not even o2 knew what to do.

Im so happy i can sleep in peace 😊 

Highlighted
Wow, thank you. Don't normally do it, but I had my put credit card in my phone front cover. Then when using the phone fold the front cover back. The card was then against the back of the phone. I removed the card and hey presto, annoying beep has gone away.
Highlighted
That worked for me too thank you :smiling-face:
Highlighted
I also FORCE STOPPED the entire NFC application. Unless I'm using NFC, there's no reason this should run!
Highlighted
First Poster

I found that the beeping issue was "Bixby". My NFC was off so I knew that wasn't the issue but I turned it On and Off as suggested and it didn't work. So I force stopped all Bixby services and uninstalled anything Bixby that could be uninstalled. I wasn't sure if it was USCC Protect so I uninstalled and reinstalled that also. Then I restarted the phone and it worked! Haven't had a beeping problem since.

Highlighted

Thank god. I knew it had something to do with me tilting the phone, but aparently it was just my credit card on the wallet phonecase. The tilting moved the car closer/further 😂

Highlighted

Thank you soooo much, it worked for me, that stupid sound was pissing me off for a couple of days

Highlighted

I know. It was pissing me off too. The people ar the US Cellular store couldn't figure it out either. I just kept messing around until I got it. I guess I got lucky. Stupid Bixby. 

Top Liked Authors