Support

Open search

Samsung S8 making random beeping sound.

Highlighted
SOLVED

Hello. looking to see if someone can help me with an issue ive been having for quite some time now and was hoping that an update would fix the issue, but sadly it has only gotten worse.

Problem:

my phone AND my wifes phones are making random beeping sound. The sound that is makes is the same sound if you press the volume rocker once.

it makes the sound everytime after i get a notification, and sometimes when im watching snapchats or on instagram when im watching someones feed. as soon as it goes to the next snap or video AUTOMATICALLY it makes the beep.

Phone Model: SM-G950W

Android Version: 7.0

Experience Version: 8.1

Developer mode is OFF

phone is up to date with updates. 

if anyone knows anything please elt me know!. id really prefer NOT to wipe my phone. 

54 REPLIES 54
Highlighted

Lol thank you guys. It was the nfc for me. The led smart view case  has a card holder which I store my cc and having my nfc setting turned on triggered that annoying sound which led me here, problem solved for me 😉👍

Highlighted

Apparently there's a chip on the inside back cover of the library book I'm reading. The beeping occurred only when my phone was sitting on the book (holding the pages down!) Thank you for your suggestions, by the way.

Highlighted

Check if you have your phone in a wallet or case with your credit debit or other card inside, I kept my card in the back of a rubber bump case on the phone and dependant on it's orientation it would or would not make this noise 

I had this problem I went in to my settings then went on connections and turned off NFC and payment upto now it hasn't been bleeping 

Highlighted
I have just solved this problem I went to my settings and clicked on connections and turned off NFC and payment up to now it's worked 😁
Highlighted

The last few days my note 8 has been driving me crazy with a constant beep/notification sound. NFC was it. I have a wallet case for my phone and my new PayPal card was causing it every time I messed with my case in any way even holding my phone and slight movement.

Now anyway to change notifications for NFC so I can keep this card in my phone case or am I going to have to keep this card in my wallet,that I've yet to figure out  

Highlighted

NFC was causing it on my A8 it must of been turned on by an update, cause I know I had turned it off when I first set up my phone. NFC can also be disabled in your drop down from top of screen. Big thanks to all who helped with their input to solve the issue. 

Highlighted

I have turned the NFC off and left it off.  Turned off all Samsung notifications. Installed a notification tracker.  There are no notifications except for the weather app that updates when u restart. have restarted my phone. It still chirps every two minutes...... And by the way.... It still won't notify me when I have Gmail.  I hate this phone.....

Highlighted

Thank you . My phone is in a wallet that I'd folded back. NFC must have tried to register the cards in it. Beeping stopped when I no longer was accidentally scanning my own cards. 

Highlighted

Didnt work for me. I turned off the NFC, set the mobile in safe mode and STILL keeps beepping randomly. The worst part is when it beep and vibrate while I'm in a phone call! I will procede a hard reset, if it doenst work I will have to look in the samsung support local center!

Top Liked Authors