Support

Open search

Samsung s7 Edge Not Updating to Nougat

Highlighted
Apprentice

I have an S7 Edge with mobile carrier EE. Since I recieved the handset it has never updated its software. The Nougat update has been live for months but my handset claims to be running the most up to date version of android. I have contacted EE and went through all the steps to fix the problem but they have now advised me to contact Samsung. I have tried a factory restore, firmware recovery via smart switch and was advised to dial *#1234# which showed up with the message 'Connection problem or invalid MMI code'. I have also tried connecting to Samsung Kies to see if I can download the update (or any update) via pc but it still shows as having the most up to date version installed. The Android version I have is 6.0.1.

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted

No network splash and none of their apps are installed. My girlfriend has a Samsung s7 on ee and it comes with the My EE app etc already installed.

Highlighted

IMG-20171010-WA0000.jpg

Here is a screenshot from my girlfriends handset from that app phone info. A good bit more populated than on mine if that helps at all?

Highlighted

Thank you. 

Yes that info on that phone shows to me it's most probabky a Branded handset due to the CsC Code and that a Network app was already on it too. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

Highlighted

There were definatley no network branded installed apps on my handset. Everything on it was just the normal samsung/google stuff. Could it be that EE did not install their firmware properly perhaps thats causing the issue? Is there a way to reinstall the network firmware to see if that would maybe help?

Highlighted

You can put a Custom Rom on it but learn as much as you can beforehand. 

Places like Sammobile and xdadevelopers hold tutorials and help threads. 

Just to repeat be careful. 

Current Phone ~

Highlighted
If you can speak to one of the engineers in a Samsung Experience Store or on their live chat or customer line and I'm sure they could advise the status of your phone.

Personally I've never known a Network to give out an unbranded phone apart from iPhone's because they want to control the firmware updates on it so there's less chance of anything clashing with it with their services and network.

Current Phone ~

Highlighted

Thanks for all your help @BandOfBrothers. Honestly this is the furthest I have gotten with this whole mess. EE have passed me from pillar to post for months and the most recent story I got was the whole unbranded thing and told to go to Samsung to fix it. As soon as I said wifi calling is disabled on my handset thats what started them stonewalling me with the unbranded thing. I tried explaining my issue was that the handset does not update at all and hasn't done so since I bought it back in July last year but they had no clue. Branded/unbranded means absolutely nothing to me really, I would take all the network apps around as long as the handset starts updating at some point lol! Once again mate, cheers for your help. I will drop you a message if I ever get it sorted.

Highlighted

You're very welcome @m0nstur

Updates are indeed important as they contain bug fixes and security patches. 

That said wether it's a Branded phone or Unbranded it should still receive updates. 

It's just weird that the CsC Code part isn't appearing to show !!

Current Phone ~

Highlighted
First Poster

My samsung s7 edge. G935T CAN NOT UPdating to nougat..

Highlighted

Did u fix it and if u did How coz i bought a brand new s7 edge yesterday but my version is 6.0.1 and i know that s7 edge can be updated to 7.0 but my phone says it already up to date and i know 4 sure that my phone is original

Top Liked Authors