Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S6 Replacement screen speckled/spotted/unreadable

(Topic created on: 04-03-2020 01:17 PM)
blindeddy
First Poster
Options

I replaced the screen and digitizer assembly in a Samsung S6 phone and got less than stellar results :-(. The phone and digitizer seems to work but the display is almost unreadable as shown in the photo. The replacement seemed to go smooth. My first ideas were that maybe the ribbon cable for the display wasn't seated properly or perhaps I got a bad replacement display. Any ideas? Thanks!

samsung.jpg

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @blindeddy 

People do replace screens etc themselves I know but this can lead to introducing dust etc into the phone and cause damage to the inside when trying to work on the phone.

Also the quality of the displays can be lacking unfortunately when purchased from 3rd parties.

Due to the Community Forum Guidelines members are not permitted to provide support I'm afraid.

Please see 》Community-Policy-on-Dangerous-DIY-Unorthodox-Repair-Advice. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

To anyone coming across this thread searching for similar advice I would urge you to use an authorised Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre for repairs.

I appreciate this route can be more expensive than purchasing a screen but on balance if things go wrong then the expense could increase etc.

Or use any relevant insurance.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "