I recently switched mobile providers and ported my number in. After the port was complete, everything was working fine. However the samsung profile sharing in the contacts app still shows the temporary number, and there is no way to change this. I found this link http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile/enhancedfeatures/deregister/ however its no good to me since I no longer have access to this number. Looking around other people have also had this issue, one guy said a factory reset fixed the issue, but im just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows of another solution to the problem.
Solved! Go to Solution.
MAGIC! I've been able to fix it.
Here's what I did:
- Removed the samsung account from my Note 8 (not deleted the account, just removed it)
- Created a new account online with a DIFFERENT EMAIL ADDRESS
- Signed into this new account on my Note 8
- Registered for profile sharing on the new account with my actual number
- Signed out of this 'new' account
- Signed back into my old account (which has all of my photos backed up etc.)
- Registered for profile sharing again
Voila! At long last. Definitely too much hassle though.
I'm having the exact same problem, it would be good to hear a response from Samsung support. They have suggested to me:
Go to My profile > Profile Sharing > More > Registered information > Deregister phone number
Another way to deregister your old phone number would be to go to:
Messages > More menu > Settings > Enhanced messaging > Registered information > More menu > Deregister phone number
Though my note 8 running oreo doesn't have either of these paths. Awaiting a further response...