Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung notes spurious characters

(Topic created on: 12-11-2019 09:02 AM)
Apprentice
Options

Since the last update whenever I type into notes each character I type is randomly followed by either an exclamation mark or a random word. For example if I wanted to type "bits" I would get b!I!t!sand. I did post something a couple of days ago and got a reply asking me to reset the keyboard in settings which I did but hasn't worked. Whoever replied to my post asked to let them know if it was successful but I've no idea where I made the post or where I would find their reply. 

18 REPLIES 18
CarlH
Options

Hi @590101. Which phone do you have and what's the Android version you're currently running? 

0 Likes
Apprentice
Options

Galaxy Note 8

Android version 9

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @590101 

is this only happening when you're typing into the Notes app or does it happen wherever you're typing?

0 Likes
Apprentice
Options

Hi ChrisM, did reply to this last week but kept getting undeliverable message so trying again.

Galaxy Note 8

Android version 9

0 Likes
Apprentice
Options

Just when I use the Notes app, typing anywhere else or in other apps is ok

CarlH
Options

Are there any updates pending on the app, @590101? It's strange that it's only happening on this and nothing else as the keyboard should be standardised for all apps. 

0 Likes
Apprentice
Options

There was an update, but it's made no difference even after restarting the phone

0 Likes
conni60640
First Poster
Options

I have this same issue, and it's driving me crazy.  Samsung S8, whatever latest update to the Samsung Notes app, adding random characters when I try and type and only have this issue in the Notes app.

0 Likes
Kellido
Apprentice
Options

I am having the same issue. It's driving me nuts.