Support

Open search

Samsung note 8 voicemail icon won't go away

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

Hi all. The voicemail icon on my note 8 keeps coming on the screen even though I've listened to, and deleted the voicemail. Is there a fix for this? I've force stopped the phone app and cleared the cache. I've also registered to the network which is something I noticed in another post. Any help please.... It's driving me mad! Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hi. Tried some of the things you suggested but they didn't work. Though I did try my network community like you suggested and someone put a fix on there. Call your own phone, leave a voicemail, listen to it and delete it then the icon should disappear after a few seconds

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Via the shortcodes your network provides for voicemail try cancelling all diverts which will clear your voicemail.

Eject the sim card for a few seconds and re insert. 

Then without turning Voicemail back on soft reboot by turning the device Off and On. 

See if Voicemail alerts have gone. 

In my opinion your phone is being sent sync info from the sim card which is why its telling you they are there. 

Id suggest to also check on your Networks Official Community Forum to see of there are similar threads. 

Good luck. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

Highlighted
Hi. Tried some of the things you suggested but they didn't work. Though I did try my network community like you suggested and someone put a fix on there. Call your own phone, leave a voicemail, listen to it and delete it then the icon should disappear after a few seconds

View solution in original post

Highlighted

After messing with this issue and being totally frustrated, I figured out to go into the advanced application settings under notifications... go to menu and show system apps. I had 3 phone apps showing ... under one of them will have a voicemail messages option... I played around with the options as well as the voicemail app itself and it finally disappeared. Hope this helps for anyone else having the same issue.

Highlighted

Thank you for the info,  I was cracking up with it lol

Top Liked Authors