Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note 8 locked out after software update

(Topic created on: 26-01-2020 04:34 AM)
Kdrsn
First Poster
Options

My samsung note 8 locked out after software update tonight. 
i have entered my PIN and it won't be opened because "incorrect PIN entered". It happened to me twice and in previous time I have to wait until the battery drained out so when I turned it on, my phone then worked properly with my PIN.

Any solution for this problem. Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm wondering if logging into your Samsung Account from a computer or tablet to see if that helps @Kdrsn   or let its battery drain again.

Another option is to let a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre have hands on with it.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Kdrsn wrote:

My samsung note 8 locked out after software update tonight. 
i have entered my PIN and it won't be opened because "incorrect PIN entered". It happened to me twice and in previous time I have to wait until the battery drained out so when I turned it on, my phone then worked properly with my PIN.

Any solution for this problem. Thanks

how-do-i-restart-my-galaxy-note8-if-device-appears-to-be-frozen-or-not-responding

"If your device is frozen and unresponsive, you may need to close apps or turn off the device and turn it on again. If your device is frozen and unresponsive, press and hold the Power key and the Volume down key simultaneously for more than 7 seconds to restart it."

0 Likes
NglH
First Poster
Options

Hello, the same/similar fault has started occurring today on my note8: The lock screen recognises biometrics yet no longer accepts the PIN. ("incorrect PIN entered"}.

I've been suto-restarting overnight, so have disabled that (as biometrics don't work after a restart) But it is only a matter of time until a restart occurs (e.g after an update) 

Is the only solution to drain the battery and does this definitely work? Has anyonetried unlocking from find my mobile? 

I have backed-up in preparation for a hard reset, but want to avoid that if poss. 

Anyone any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance 

0 Likes
Chittagong
First Poster
Options

Software update lock

Tik korar opai

0 Likes
Chittagong
First Poster
Options