Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Note 8 & Call Recording

(Topic created on: 07-10-2019 03:46 AM)
Lucian_C
Journeyman
Options

Hello Samsung,

I am a fan of Samsung phones, and Samsung in general for many other devices. I have bought Samsung phones for specific benefits they had, but because of an unfortunate association with Google I might have switch to another provider because a simple benefit I have on the road: CALL RECORDING.

Yes, I'm mostly on the road, or in an imposibility to take proper notes, so call recording was a real benefit even on my Note 8 device (bought for taking notes fast). Please Samsung, don't let me say good bye to you just because Google cut this feature off.

So first question is is possible to get back this option on the last software update?

Second question - if the answer is NO at first question: How can I do a software downgrade on the original software that phone came with - because that version all was properly functioning with call recording?

Kind Regards,

Lucian

9 REPLIES 9
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi @Lucian_C. No official way to downgrade your firmware. Although "How to's" on them aren't allowed on here,  there are unofficial ways to downgrade - but they carry the kind of risks you'd expect from getting stuff from unofficial sources (potential warranty voidance; possible viruses/malware etc.), and so I'd advise caution and research before carrying any of them out.

Might be worth keeping an eye on this S9 Call Recorder thread for any updates/solutions the guys there discover.

ariell77
First Poster
Options

i want a solution for call recording on my samsung Note 8. Anybody can help?

0 Likes
Kanand1965
First Poster
Options

how to get auto call recording on note8 with icon on dial pad

0 Likes
NonfanofS10E
First Poster
Options
get different phone...i loved my Samsung phone until they took away ability to record calls which I need to protect my family from my ex. Samsung failed me...i have literally been burned because of it.
0 Likes
MystaMagoo
Pioneer
Options

Samsung deny certain countries the use of call recording.

Google ONLY removed 3rd party access.

Samsung controls which country can still have it through native CR.

Example

India and Thailand have it available but UK is denied the option,they ALL use the same rom.

If you want CR you either hack n crack your phone which will void so many things.

Or move to a different manufacturer.

0 Likes
Carlos-Couto
First Poster
Options

Samsung does what it wants and feels like it ... I bought a Note 8 with certain functions, I bought it for these functions and now samsung removes these functions without saying anything. Don't let it go back. I currently don't have the Galaxy Note 8 I bought. Where are my consumer rights? Where are the functions that I paid for and I no longer have? The software I bought at the Google store and no longer works ... Who gives me the money back? I am sick of this ***** ... I will consult a lawyer and I will assert my rights ...

Samsung never again ....

0 Likes
Aman-Dubai
First Poster
Options

Which phone?

0 Likes
Aman-Dubai
First Poster
Options

Can you suggest how ?

0 Likes