Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung J6 Proximity Sensor Not Working

(Topic created on: 20-05-2019 11:56 AM)
Bohr
Apprentice
Options

I have bought a new Samsung Galaxy J6 a few months ago. Whenever I place a call the screen turns off but screen do not turn on automatically when I remove the phone from my face after receiving call and I need to press the power button or finger sensor to turn it on. I thought it is a hardware issue but when I go to settings of *#0*# and select sensors the proximity sensor show the value 978 adc when I place a finger on the proximity sensor and when I remove the finger it shows random number. Screenshot_20190520-151216_HwModuleTest.jpg

Screenshot_20190520-151219_HwModuleTest.jpg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
@Bohr: If your screen turns green when you cover it with your palm then the proximity sensor is working as it should. To check if a third party app is interfering with this function please restart the J6 in Safe Mode and make a call as you would normally. Does the issue persist?

Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the J6 logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.
0 Likes
Bohr
Apprentice
Options

Hi AndrewL

I restarted the phone in Safe Mode and sensors are not working there too. But there is a question why the figures are changing in the settings of *#0*# as I've mentioned in my previous message.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
When I tried the proximity sensor on my phone the ADC numbers were random each time I held my hand over the screen, so presumably it varies depending on your proximity to the device, but is not indicative of an error. If you open the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots > Settings > Answering and Ending Calls > Press Power Key To End Calls, does this end the call with the first button press or do you have to wake up the screen first?
0 Likes
Bohr
Apprentice
Options

I need to wake up the screen first by pressing the power key and then by again pressing power key call is cancelled

0 Likes