Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung J5 Storage issues

(Topic created on: 03-09-2021 05:39 PM)
Lyn29
Student
Options

Hi, I have 16GB J5 phone.  Phone has storage issues with 15.3/16GB used. I have cleared out most pics, videos etc and moved as many Apps as poss to SD card. But still this is my current 'free' space.  What am i missing? I look at the storage screen a d can't see where the rest is being used... see screenshot. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!Screenshot_20200524-200330_Device care.jpg

15 REPLIES 15
arudge
First Poster
Options
Same here. But I did do a hard reset and it filled up again in two months. no idea what is filling the memory because it's none of my stuff.
0 Likes
BBlaze
First Poster
Options
Same with my j5 and my wifes tried everthing
0 Likes
Members_qSwi124
First Poster
Options

Hello I  have a J5 8GB same thing storage issues. Can't remove pre-installed apps that I don't want - radio, galaxy store and google play?? email, microsoft office apps (why is someone going to do a spreadsheet on a phone this small!!!). I have a micro SDXC card 64GB most of the preinstalled apps can't be transfered to it. The additional apps i have on are bank, lidl, post office, ee, notepad, WhatsApp. Settings are constantly stopping working so i can't sort out wifi calling.

If it wasn't for the storage issues that phone would be great, it is small which for my hands is perfect (it doesn't slip out of my hand and smash the screen.)

Please can someone give me the current state of play on fixing the storage, expanding the storage, deleting unwanted apps or anything that could sort the storage out? Thanks Lisa

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_qSwi124: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered storage issues on your Galaxy J5. Most pre-installed applications cannot be removed from the device completely, however I recommend heading to Settings > Applications > Application manager, and tapping on an app to see if the 'Uninstall' option is available. If not, then you can select 'Disable' to prevent any background activity, including future updates that will further affect your internal storage space. 

To free up your storage, I recommend moving your personal files and media (photos, videos and music) to your SD card. To do this, please head to Apps > Samsung folder > My Files > Images (as an example) > More > Edit > Select an image, or select 'All' in the top left > More > Move > SD Card > Select a folder, or create a new one > Move here. 

0 Likes
Phaedrus59
First Poster
Options

That doesn't answer the problem I'm afraid.  Of the 16.00GB internal storage 15.56 is showing as 'other' so I can't move it to the SD card.  No idea what 'other' is.  I don't store any photographs, videos, audio or documents on the mobile (other than on the SD card).  Any idea what the 'other' is so that I can remove some of it to make my mobile useable again?

Members_N8yLkG0
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. I've had to reduce my apps to the absolute minimum, i have transferred the apps I can  to my SD card & disabled what I'm allowed to. I've moved all my photos, files, videos etc to the SD card & I even reversed some of the updates & still I'm in the red with the elusive "Other" files still.

Come on Samsung! We're not all financially in a position to upgrade to your  latest phones but we're still your customers 🤷‍♀️

0 Likes