Original topic:

Samsung j5 2018 unlucky model

(Topic created on: 18-10-2018 08:37 AM)
Esther86
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hello! 

I'm writing here cause maybe someone can help me with my problems. In the beginning of this year I bought the Samsung smartphone on my holidays in Bulgaria- Sofia in authorised shop. Have warranty but I've got a feeling it's not going to help me. I bought this model cause my boyfriend has it for few years and it supposed to be the best thing ever. He dropped it 100s of times and not a scratch on it. He is using it a lot for music and internet and never had problems with it. Unfortunately my phone is not so great... after 4 months we moved to Greece, Rhodes . On my first occasion on the beach my phone slept from my bag to the sand (so from about 20cm high) and the screen got broken from the bottom edge across all screen. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!! I had stupid cheap Nokia Windows phone for 5 years... dropping it 10s of times even from almost 2m (once, someone pushed me when making picture from high) and nothing ever happened to my screen... Or phone ... only battery after 4 years started to shot down. But Samsung (the best phone in the world) couldn't manage the sand. Also few days ago it dropped from my bed on the floor and i noticed another tiny crack on the top of my screen. I wanted to mansion as well that when buying my phone I took also a closing cover for my phone also from Samsung. Surprisingly it is the worst protection ever... cause the lid is opening by itself every time when phone is flowing or sliding (what kind of protection is that!?!?). Plus during last 2 months I'm experiencing malfunction of the smartphone... often is hanging up- stopping reacting for anything for few seconds up to around minute... (I'm cleaning it and maintaining regulary in settings) I have maybe 15 apps from a store. . and also speaker fails to work... first it started to play very quietly, than was working ok for about 2 weeks, and now doesn't work at all. As I mentioned before..  I'm in Rhodes.  Here is no Samsung store. So I got advised to send it to Athens service. But how do I know if they are going to fix it? Or replace it? Or they will say that I damaged it so it's my fault and have to pay for repairing. And im gonna stay without a phone for a long time... I am very disappointed with Samsung... starting to thing I should have get another Nokia smartphone instead... never let me down.

So can anybody advise me what to do because I'm feeling like I got some testing, not working properly model of this phone or some kind of joke. And I would like to be able to use it normally as everybody else. I'm very carefully handling my smartphone but don't wanna be forced to treat it like an egg.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisM
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @Esther86.

We can understand your frustration. Physical damage to your phone would invalidate the warranty we're afraid, so any repairs would be of a chargeable nature. Once the phone has been repaired to a pristine standard, then the warranty would be reinstated. The Service Centre will advise on any costs, prior to carrying out the repair.

0 Likes
Esther86
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

That is not really acceptable for me cause broken screen really isn't my fault. Come on... it is not normal that it got broken from falling down from small distance on the sand! The phone and screen has to be faulty

0 Likes