Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung J4+ bluetooth connecting to earphones

(Topic created on: 10-04-2020 07:04 PM)
Splico1985
Student
Options

So I tested earphones with 5 other Samsung smartphones and they all work except on J4+.....

Earphones are MOB MO9347 and by their manual they support: 

• Stereo Earbuds
• Bluetooth Version 4.2
• Support Profile: HFP 1.6, HSP 1.2, A2DP
1.3, AVCTP 1.4, AVDTP 1.3 and AVRCP 1.5 

My J4+ doesnt even see them when scanning for BT devices.... Is there any ideas what, how, why? Have all updates on phone. Tried every 3rd party BT app in store. Reset device to factory, absolutely everything I could think off. If I am reading well it should work by BT support specifications on phone and earphones, but still it doesn't. I am missing something, it is not supported?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Splico1985
Student
Options
P.S. Have BT speaker that pairs and works. So BT on phone works that is 100% sure.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Splico1985: The Galaxy J4+ supports Bluetooth 4.2 devices, so it should be compatible. If you have paired the headphones to other devices, can you try forgetting the connections to see if this helps. Alternatively, if you have another Bluetooth device paired with the J4+ other than the headphones, please try forgetting the pairing as it may be the case that it is preventing further devices like the headphones from establishing a connection.
0 Likes
Splico1985
Student
Options

So earphones are "cleared" from last connection and set to pairing. Any other phone I try scanning, can see them only J4+ doesn't show them at all. 

0 Likes
Splico1985
Student
Options

So after a lot of search, there is a model of J4+ with only BT 4.0 support and I think that is reason why it doesn't work -.-
Even if you Google, you will not easily find that info.

0 Likes