Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Internet complains about Google Play

(Topic created on: 30-12-2020 03:47 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Just wondering why this is actually saying what it is as the browser works fine with all Google apps and framework off.

Phone is S7 , latest non beta version of Internet Browser, all other stock apps updated via Galaxy Store.

It's just it's not logical unless I missed something as nothing appears broken in the browser and I've never used the Play Store anyway lol. I know I could turn off notifications but is rather not.

So why is it saying that specifically ? If it was about the Store it would of said that rather than saying the browser would not work ( untrue lol using it past few days like that )

Happy Holidays too 😀
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
SirStottalot
Pathfinder
Options
why not just update your browser? is it such a crime to do so?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
The browser is up to date , I don't think it's a version issue though but I see why you suggested that. 😀

version 13.0.2.9

The "about" page in settings and in the Galaxy Store indicate this is the newest one.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Still not sure on why it is doing it, at a guess it might be not actually Samsung Internet nut something else like Pay or Pass Provider that wants the services.

I can confirm Galaxy Store works fine and identifies installed apps etc.

I'd rather not but I'm giving thought to adb to temporarily uninstall all the inactive Google stuff, as it's all disabled anyway.

I don't have a play store account.

Yes you can do this without root or any bootload change as it's switched back with one command as your only turning it off for the current user.

at least that way I can see if it really is that or not. Maybe :smiling-face:

Beta version of browser cannot be set as default as that would be one test too. I do not have that installed not any non supplied stuff at all, everything on the phone either was factory installed ( no carrier bloat apps! ) or from Samsung itself via the Store ie nothing from anyone else.

Hmm.
0 Likes
SirStottalot
Pathfinder
Options
tried booting in safe mode to see if it still says it? if it doesn't then its a 3rd party app doing it.
Tap and hold Power off option until you see Reboot to Safe mode message. Your device restarts in Safe Mode
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Good idea 're safe mode. Sadly no better.

I do not have any third party stuff present aside from one ad block that was from Galaxy Store.

I don't have a Google Play account either and not installed manually any all's from elsewhere.

Quite a lot of the default suppied apps were turned off where sane like Instagram and Facebook etc etc. I need very few features really:

Phone calls
Text messages

The above includes basic contacts storage.

Simple web browser
Camera
Flashlight torch
Calculator
Optional but alarm clock reminder useful
Optional but magnifier via camera and led flash helpful

That is I think all I need :face-with-tears-of-joy: No cloud backup etc.

All the obvious Google stuff is disabled including the framework.

Problem is as I see it that actual notification is not 100% accurate or truthful as the browser ( the only one active ) is completely fine

I was going to retry the beta version of it but the last reviews indicate it's worth waiting a bit. You can't easily set that one as default and disable the normal one anyway. I would expect the beta browser to show the same notification.

Upon much thought , this could well be a small but possibly a dependency discrepancy ( that's a mouthful lol ) but I suspect support may just tell me to re-enable the Google apps Samsung put there to "fix" it maybe.

It is not too annoying but i do not want to suppress all notifications from the browser as a workaround, that's like painting over a crack in a wall , it will not fix the problem.

May temp test other browsers to see if they do it , I suppose I can release Chrome ( and just that no framework or other fluff ) to see if that complains at all.

hmm
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
When I get chance I'll adb and temporarily disable ( to keep them quiet and inactive for more than a few moments ) pass and provider and maybe pay and it's framework , just as a test.

easy to adb to disable them without root or any third party apps etc

At least that way I can be sure that they , pass provider especially is not triggering it via some vague dependency.

I don't use it anyway for pass storage.
0 Likes