Original topic:

Samsung Health Weight Management

(Topic created on: 09-09-2018 08:29 AM)
FH_80
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Hope you are well.

I understand the principles of achieving a negative calorie balance each day. Which is what the Weight Management feature does... But can anyone figure out how to change the intake and burnt values as both are way to high. I have changed my profile to sedentary and makes a small difference. But there is no way I can burn 2800 calories every day!

I have used the slider bar to reduce the values as far as they would go too.

Picture attached.

Any help would me much appreciated.

These are the values I need to changeThese are the values I need to change

17 REPLIES 17
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Hit those 3 dots in your picture and choose 'View Goal details', you can change it there..

0 Likes
FH_80
Apprentice
Options

@GaryBrett wrote:

Hit those 3 dots in your picture and choose 'View Goal details', you can change it there..

Hello, Thank you for the reply... I had already tried that and it only lets me go down to around 2500 calories. I am beginning to wonder if I am the laziest person in the world. 2500 seems high for everyday. 10000 steps on top of my resting burn only gets me to around 2200!

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Hiya, getting to 2200 on this Galaxy watch is some achievement in itself I think! On the Fitbit I could often hit 2500 calories if I had a gym session and 45 minute walk at lunctime, now Im struggling to hit 1700 on the GW!

I think there is something wrong the calculatiosn myself, calories for any activity come up really short. Fitbit today was 279kcals to Galaxy Watch 154kcals, may not seem massive but if its that different for a 45 minute workout it will really add up over a day.

Anyway back to the point, have you set your weight goal too low perhaps? I just changed mine to test and it then allowed me to go below 2500..

Try setting the goal to 'Easy' and change your target weight to something nearer your current weight, you should then be able to ammend under 2500.  That said, I guess its only doing what its meant to do based on user input?

0 Likes
FH_80
Apprentice
Options

Hello Again... thanks. I agree. Fitness trackers vary massivly. I had a Fitbit Charge HR and that was very inaacurate beacuse it couldn't accurately measure heart rates...

At least all this testing means exercise!

I have tried lowering weight goal, changing profile to sedentary and moving the sliding bar to the left, but Samsung is still insisting I need to do 2500 calories of burn per day.

Interestingly, the at rest burn is too high even though my age, gender, weight and height are all entered ok...

Hmmm....... might just have to walk 40,000 steps each day!

Screenshot_20180911-163121_Samsung Health.jpg

JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

Sorry for being silly but is the calorie in number a system generated number rather than you inputting the value yourself? 

I can't see how any watch would ever be that accurate for a person based on weight and height/age etc. There are too many variables. 

I've had my BMR professionally measured and I am in the bottom 10% - I doubt an app would be able to know that based on basic information. 

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

I think your right, its not an exact science but one all fitness trackers or gym machines use with there own algorythms.

I have used Fitbit a lot and over time you sort of get a benchmark which you can compare as its always the same calculation. I think the issue we face here is that its so out of sync its completely unreliable and makes achieving goals impossible. Some people need this as an extra incentive to boost them.

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

All fair points.

When I look at my kcals on the watch they seem 'about right' for me. About 2000 per day. 

But I haven't set up weight management in the app yet - just basic profile info - and I can seem to see that total in S Health. 

Still lots of playing to do with it. 

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Your doing well to get 2000 burned calories.

Yesterday I walked 11 steps, did 30 minutes cardio & 30 minutes weights and eat very lightly. Fitbit had me at 2645 burned calories, and plenty left to intake..

Galaxy has me at 1578 calories burned and said I was 456 calories over eating :smiling-face:

Im not so fussed as I know Im doing ok but it make me think if this doesnt work correctly, then what else is faulty. Im convicned there are issues with the HR tracking which affects calories burned, sleep and many other things

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

I am only doing about 5000 steps per day - not tracking any sport activities although auto tracking did detect when I was walking on the treadmill yesterday. 

Obviously is your kcals burned are under it will say you are overeating though.

Out of interest, how much does it say you are burning in your sleep?

0 Likes