Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Health app freezing on google pixel phone

(Topic created on: 20-01-2021 09:13 PM)
SteveLegg
Student
Options

I recently got a samsung active watch as a gift, having confirmed that it would work with my google pixel 3a phone.

The Wear app works and the phone works well but the Health app will not open. I get the log i screen but when entering my (correct) information I just get the spinning wheel and no further. I have consulted previousl threads and none of these steps work

1. De-installing and re-installing the app
  2. Clearing the cache and data
  3. Erasing any data
  4. I don't have the option of "skipping" the log in

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

Steve

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Miriah_Ortiz
Student
Options

*Edit: I found an APK for the previous version (v6.12.1.001) and I was able to use the app. Might want to try that until they fix/update the current version. 

Following because I am having the same issue. I tried to email the devs via the email address on the play store but it is a 'no reply' email. Also saw this on the play store but not sure how accurate it is. 

Screenshot_20210119-131011.png

SteveLegg
Student
Options

Dear Miriah, thanks so much. This would be incredibly frustrating if Samsung have blocked the Health app for android, but  not the "Wear" app!

I am not very IT savvy, could you possibly share a link to the "APK for the previous version (v6.12.1.001)", i don't really kknow what this is !

Thanks so much again

Steve

0 Likes
SteveLegg
Student
Options

Dear Miriah, thanks so much. This would be incredibly frustrating if Samsung have blocked the Health app for android, but  not the "Wear" app!

I am not very IT savvy, could you possibly share a link to the "APK for the previous version (v6.12.1.001)", i don't really kknow what this is !

Thanks so much again

Steve

0 Likes
Solution
Miriah_Ortiz
Student
Options

No problem Steve! 

I'm not supper savvy on this stuff either but have dabbled with such things before. An APK stands for Android Package and the way I understand it, it's a file for the actual app itself. Like how if you create a save a PDF file on your computer it would be filename.pdf , these android apps will be filename.apk . 

I will out the link below but please take it with a grain of salt. I'm just an internet stranger and generally you don't want to download random stuff from sites you don't know. But 100% it did work for me without any issues. I used this site to download the APK. 

If it doesn't work or you're not comfortable downloading it, I can email it to you instead if you want to provide me with your email address. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!!

0 Likes
SteveLegg
Student
Options

Dear Miriah

I am SO grateful for your generous reply! This was actually the site I found my way to. Alas, chrome security will not allow it to open on my phone! I spoke to google support yesterday and they can't help so I am about to try Samsung support. I will let you know what they say! Thanks again, so much...

0 Likes
SteveLegg
Student
Options

Miriah

I stopped being so dim and changed the security settings! I still can't log in at the first stage but skipping that stage works and I have a functioning app! This has been driving me mad for weeks, thankyou SO much!

Now I'd better do some exercise...😋

Steve

0 Likes