Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG GOT IT WRONG THIS TIME :

(Topic created on: 23-05-2021 05:13 PM)
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
Below is the reply to a fellow member, to which I would would like to share my reply below with you all.
 It is the issue of Samsung taking the very unwise decision to remove a feature that so many Samsung phone owners were using and wanted in place.

Please have a read below.

~~~~~~~~~~

Well Samsung may not be concerned about many thousands of customers who are left disappointed in compensation to many millions of customers who are not concerned either way. However, when watching a movie on the phone when on a train on a long journey, seeing that camera notch, on the screen, does spoil the experience. When I and so many Samsung customers bought the new generation of Samsung phones with the built-in camera in the screen, we wanted to know if we can cut out that camera hole if we were watching a movie for example or wanted full screen application where the black bar camera cutout notch would lower covering the camera hole and we would not see it. But the option was also there to turn that feature off again so we could see it. The point I am making is that it is an option that was there for the individual Samsung user to have a choice. Samsung took this option away overnight with the 3.0 update. And Samsung still have not taken the opportunity to bring this option back with the 3.1 update and as you say, Samsung will not bring it back. 
 And although Samsung may not care and will not be affected if many many thousands of us buy another Android make in the future and do not buy Samsung again. 
 That is also a personal choice that we as customers will decide to do , as I and all my friends and people I personally know that own Samsung phones are not happy with what Samsung have done. I can speak for over 70 people I personally know as friends and associates and work colleagues that own the new generation Samsung phones with the built-in camera in the screen. 
 So based on my personal knowledge, the amount of people worldwide that are not happy would be in the high thousands if not far more. 
 If Samsung are ok with potentially losing these amounts of customers in the future, to other Android companies that make Android devices, then Samsung have nothing to lose if they are not concerned about the many many thousands of us worldwide that are not happy about this issue. 
 The main point being is this, This feature is of the camera notch cutout , is still available after all the latest updates on other manufacturers Android devices and when in the future customers like me and many many thousands of loyal Samsung customers will go to buy their next Android phone, we will be tempted to buy another brand that has the same main features as Samsung and does not take away the features that we want and use and that other brand of phone will be far cheaper than a Samsung phone. 
 There are other Android manufacturers apart from Samsung that will take opportunities like this for example, to make and sell their own Android phone to a loyal Samsung customer. 
 Samsung removed this feature without giving a reason or an explanation to us. Where other Android manufacturers have decided NOT to remove this feature because many many thousands of Samsung users were actually using this feature. 
 The question is why did Samsung just remove this when their competitors decided to keep it in place ? 
 There was a phone company in the past called BlackBerry, they were once so dominant and a top player of the mobile phone manufacturers throughout the world. But they started to make these type of decisions, they made changes and customers kept complaining and they still failed to listen to the minority of their customers and then the unhappiness with BlackBerry spread like wildfire amoung BlackBerry phone owners. 
 That's because they failed to listen and failed to act on the issue the customers were unhappy with. 
 That was the beginning of the slow death of BlackBerry and the rise and rise of Samsung where Samsung are now the biggest in Android and still the best. 
 Where are BlackBerry now ? ? ? 
 But competitors are there waiting to get the loyal Samsung phone customers and it starts with small annoying issues like this by Samsung that will tempt many of us to look at other manufacturers phone devices.

But as you say, why do Samsung need to worry or care about the minority of its customers ?

What happened to BlackBerry started with the minority of BlackBerry customers not being happy and left feeling let down and disappointed of the bad decisions that BlackBerry were doing and the fact that BlackBerry were not listening to the customers complaints and not acting to keep the customers happy and loyal by addressing the customers issues and rectifying those issues.

BlackBerry failed so many of their loyal customers. 

Where are BlackBerry now ? ? ?

Samsung Development Team & Directors, 

Please do not make the same mistakes as BlackBerry did and please listen to the minority of your customers as well as the majority of your customers. 

5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
See this as to why Blackberry failed https://edwardmuldrew.medium.com/what-happened-to-blackberry-7f5f37623873
I don't see a connection.
I also understand Samsung are working on having on technology to hide the notch in the screen.
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
The main reason BlackBerry slowly failed to keep hold of its core customers, was because they failed to listen, they failed to act and they were not willing to embrace Android until it was 15 years too late.

As for Samsung working on bringing the camera notch cutout feature back, have you got anymore information or links on this please
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I had a Blackberry back in the day but it never seemed to move on. I was so impressed with my next phone an HTC Sensation. The Blackberry was drab and had a small screen but the HTC had a full touch screen with vibrant colours was like the difference between night and day. I've used Android ever since.

I do a lot of reading and can't remember where I gleaned the notch info from, sorry. If I stumble across it I'll let you know.
0 Likes
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
I use to use BlackBerry and BlackBerry had BBM that was free back then which was great because not only was BBM Secure, you had a BBM code which meant you did not need to give people your mobile number, only the BBM code and then message them if they also had BBM as some people we do not want them to have our phone number.
BlackBerry were world leaders but refused to move towards Android and were overtaken by Samsung very fast.
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hey there, been reading on some posts this morning. Found a solution for you. Download good lock. Click on multistar. At the bottom the app size stretch to camera hole. From there select the apps you want to hide camera hole. Good lock available in the galaxy store. It is a Samsung app.