Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 not receiving updates

(Topic created on: 30-11-2021 10:35 AM)
astoev
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have an issue with my Galaxy S8. I'm not receiving any updates since I bought it year and a half ago.  Running andriod 8.0.0 and the security update is from August 2018. Tried with smart switch or manual from the phone but it is saying that it is the latest version. 

The phone it is not locked with a carrier. I bought it from a website similar to Amazon but very popular in Bulgaria and Romania. 

I spoke with the support a month ago but they were not able to assist me. However they mentioned that the phone was for the German market but I am using it in Bulgaria.

Any chance that this might be causing the issue and is there any way to fix it? 

Thank you in advance. 

5 REPLIES 5
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@astoev wrote:

Hello,

I have an issue with my Galaxy S8. I'm not receiving any updates since I bought it year and a half ago.  Running andriod 8.0.0 and the security update is from August 2018. Tried with smart switch or manual from the phone but it is saying that it is the latest version. 

The phone it is not locked with a carrier. I bought it from a website similar to Amazon but very popular in Bulgaria and Romania. 

I spoke with the support a month ago but they were not able to assist me. However they mentioned that the phone was for the German market but I am using it in Bulgaria.

Yes, a phone that has been provided with german software and then has been configured for use with a bulgarian SIM might not get updates due to this. There are different opinions on the matter though, see the discussion in

Suggestion-make-quot-no-update-available-quot-message-more

but that's the the mainstream opinion. Now there are two things you could do, you could try to fix this for yourself,  this might work or might not work, for examples see

S10-Android-10-Not-Updating

Phone-doesn-t-get-updates

Or you could bring the phone to Samsung and let them competely install a new bulgarian version. I suggest you do the latter. If you want further opinions on the matter ask @Anonymous User or @SE11 , they tried to solve a similar problem, one succeeded and one so far didn't.

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@astoev wrote:

Have a further look at the following topic Still-didn-t-get-Android-Pie-update-for-Galaxy-Note-8

"The problem was in that I didn't get the OTA-update because the phone was purchased in UAE and used in Russia."

The solution proposed here is to manually install a new firmware. There are good reasons not to do that yourself, though, but instead bring the phone to Samsung and let them do it.

0 Likes
Trevor11
First Poster
Options

I also have the same problem. Did you manage to fix it?

0 Likes
Loudovico
First Poster
Options
Hey like my s8 is not receiving any updates at all any fault in my phone?
0 Likes
M4rkyman
First Poster
Options
samsung stopped updates for S8 4yrs after its release, just googled it for my mum
0 Likes