Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8, Can't Uninstall Apps via the homescreen anymore

(Topic created on: 02-11-2019 10:40 AM)
Gnietschow
Apprentice
Options

Dear Community, 

For a half year now, I am unable to uninstall apps via the home screen. I can drag and drop them on remove to get them off the homescreen, but when I drop them on the trash icon it doesn't happen anything. The same problem persists for the app list. Uninstalling apps via the settings menu still works, but is a bit tedious when I again install tons of games to test and want to get rid of them afterwards.

Does anyone have an idea what I can do? Ot does anyone know the related system service, so I can clean and restart it?

Thank you in advance!

- Tobias

11 REPLIES 11
StephanieV1982
First Poster
Options

Settings, display, homescreen, unlock home screen! 

0 Likes
igiveanswer
Apprentice
Options

Hi Tobias,

It sounds like you are experiencing an issue with the app uninstall feature on your device. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Restart your device: Sometimes, simply restarting your device can resolve the issue.

2. Clear cache and data: Go to your device's settings > Apps > All apps > select the app that you are having trouble with > Storage > Clear Cache and Clear Data.

3. Disable "Screen Overlay": Go to your device's settings > Apps > Gear icon in the top-right corner > Draw over other apps > check if any apps are enabled. If so, disable them temporarily and try uninstalling the app again.

4. Safe mode: Try booting your device in Safe mode, which disables all third-party apps. To do this, press and hold the power button until the "Power off" option appears, then press and hold "Power off" until the "Safe mode" option appears.

5. Look at the instruction again to uninstall or delete an app from your Samsung devices from here: https://www.samsunger.com/2023/04/how-to-uninstall-apps-on-samsung.html 

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may want to consider backing up your data and performing a factory reset on your device. This will erase all data on your device and restore it to its original state. Be sure to back up all of your important data before performing a factory reset.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

0 Likes