Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ screen doesn't turn off after receiving notifications.

(Topic created on: 01-09-2017 11:37 AM)
TheJonaMr
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Model: SM-G928FZKENEE

Firmware: G928FXXS3CQG3/G928FNEE3CQD2/G928FXXU3CQD2

After receiving a text message or a snap (if I have illuminate screen when receiving a snap activated in the settings in snapchat) my screen turns on and won't turn off by it self, I have to press the lock button. This of course is a problem if I'm not charging my phone while sleeping and I receive a notification that turns on the screen it will stay on and run out of battery.

I tested now before I wrote this post if it still stays on for forever. I received a text message, screen turns on, and stayed on for 20 minutes, and then I turned it of with the lock button.

I've set my phone to turn off the screen after 2min of inactivity, and it does, just not after receiving a notification.

It's been like this since the last firmware update.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi have you tried to a soft reset and then try 

Another option could be to wipe cache partion by holding the volume up power key and home button and after 30 seconds you get the page and select wipe cache partion and then select restart this way you don't lose any data 

And last resort back up your device and factory reset 

Sometimes after a software update can leave little glitches although  I would of thought one of the first 2 options should cure the issue

if you are not sure visit a Samsung store or an approved one or your network provider should also be able to help if you have one

DRUID DOODE
TheJonaMr
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
Thanks, seems like wiping the cache helped.
0 Likes