Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(SAMSUNG GALAXY) Please give us back the legacy battery usage from one ui 1.0 and older

(Topic created on: 20-06-2021 09:23 PM)
Michael3739
Journeyman
Options

I am not able to view how much battery my screen, wifi, Bluetooth, mobile data and cellular, idle time, etc has used. This is very frustrating because I got my phone activated on a plan and my battery life is noticeably shorter but I cannot find how much battery that the cellular network is using. This is a feature people have been asking BACK for years. I hate this new "design" of removing things to make the UI look more clean where in reality, the battery usage graph is USELESS because the graph is not accurate due to it missing the common things that drain the phones battery like the display.

The other day, I helped a relative fix their DROID'S battery drain issue. I figured it out because in the battery usage menu, it showed that the cellular data was using over 40% of battery life and clearing the cache fixed the issue. Never would've been able to find out the cause on a brand new Samsung Galaxy with Android 11 and One UI 3.1

Stop making your phones worse Samsung by removing features that power users would be using anyways and making it less helpful. It's even less helpful to the common user because they could delete an app that is at the top of the list where in reality, the display's OLED panel is using 90% of battery while at max brightness. The user wouldn't know though because it never tells you that your display is using any battery.

You can add fix this or I can choose a phone manufacturer that designs their UI for power users. They would have things like changing the camera resolution. Samsungs camera app keeps turning more and more into baby's first camera.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
If you use Galaxy Labs
Battery Tracker
There's lot's of info

And clicking on the app
Will Show app usage detail
Found it very useful 👌

Screenshot_20210620-221732_Battery Tracker.jpgScreenshot_20210620-221701_Battery Tracker.jpg
Michael3739
Journeyman
Options

That is a cool and useful app. But I need to install the galaxy labs app, the "service app" and then the battery app. And I can't pin the battery app to the home screen. Why not just add this menu into device care, which is built in to the device? Or at leased a "show advanced data" option?

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
You can pin
Battery Tracker
To the homepage
Just long press
And select add to
Home screen

Or anything you want
On the home screen
From galaxy labsScreenshot_20210620-224058_One UI Home.jpg
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
If really fed up, just install a custom ROM that ticks your requirements :smiling-face:
0 Likes