Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy j3 2017 backlight keys

(Topic created on: 13-06-2019 12:56 PM)
Cmy
Journeyman
Options

I was recently given this phone and i have noticed that the back and tab buttons do not light up at all, not even when they're touched, I've tried finding an option to light them up but i can't find one...is there a way to do this please? Thanks x

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Do you have any power saving settings toggled to On @Cmy  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Cmy
Journeyman
Options
Power saving mode is off, can't seem to find any options for the lights, just asked a friend who has the same phone if their buttons light up and they don't...but she had never noticed it before, seems strange for them not to light up at all, not even when touching them.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This is what I've found so far from a Google Search 

Samsung galaxy-j3-how-to-fix-touch-key-light-not-working.

Samsung-J3-physical-keys-backlight.

0 Likes
Cmy
Journeyman
Options

Thank you, I've been trying to do that over and over, i do not have restrict performance, my power saving is off... maybe I'm missing something really obvious, i just can't see itScreenshot_20190613-102420_Device maintenance.jpg

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Put the phone in safe mode via a set series of button presses that disables all your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens.

If no joy then a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look for you @Cmy 

0 Likes
Cmy
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for all your help, i don't actually have any apps added except ones that came already on the phone so I'll pop it in to a service centre and see what they say ... thanks again

FAFAYEGA
First Poster
Options

Hello, did you come up with a conclusion to this, or does the phone just not have the key backlight option on it?

0 Likes
Cmy
Journeyman
Options

No, i didn't find a solution, i had a couple of people in a phone shop go throug every thing but i guess it doesn't have the option...and i don't even notice they dont light up any more.

0 Likes