Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5839i Access

(Topic created on: 24-05-2021 05:11 PM)
Wasmith92
First Poster
Options

I'm trying to access an old phone I last used I think some time in 2014. It was set up with a pattern to unlock, which (no surprise) I can't remember. I've used all my attempts at that method, so now it asks only for my google account details. I've entered my current google account details, but it says they're invalid.

I thought perhaps it would need to be able to connect to the internet to verify the details, so I inserted my new sim to enable 3G, and seemingly 3G was then working. However, it still said my login details were invalid.

I can't say for sure whether or not mobile data was actually working, as I can't see anything without logging in, nor enable data/wi-fi options.

So, am I stuck in a loop? It seems I am not able to log in without being connected to the internet, and I am not able to connect to the internet without first logging in.

Or, does the device check the login details I enter against something stored on the device? i.e. to ensure the device can be accessed without an internet connection. Is the device needing me to enter the google account password which was last known to the device?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You need the Google Account / password originally used to set up the phone to gain access.

0 Likes