Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) moisture warning

(Topic created on: 12-09-2017 08:09 AM)
TM2
Apprentice
Options

Hi, what is the moisture sensor settings? I've got this phone for 2 weeks, since then it was never anywhere close to the water, not even to the cup of water and I've got stil this "Moisture warning" issue. According to the indoor meteo station, there is about 50% moisture in the room and I still have got this warning, while phone is at the bedside table and I'm not able to charge it even overnight. it's ******* annoying! How to get rid of this issue? The ***** advices to put the phone in the rice jar or clean the port after two weeks by ear picks keep for yourself.

18 REPLIES 18
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi

I wouldn't use tooth picks for anything on a phone. You could introduce further damage.

Moisture issues can be a result of sudden temperature climate change or for example from being in a pocket.

I'd also Google to see where the water sensors are and check if they are visible. Sometimes one is in the sim card tray.
If any of the sensors are tripped then the warranty would be voided.
Putting the phone in a bag of rice is a known method to draw out moisture but this wouldn't reset any tripped sensors.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

TM2
Apprentice
Options
yes, I noticed it also happens when taken out of the handbag, and I'd not complaint when only this is the case. it happens often as I said, in a room with constant moisture level. in the evening I went to sleep with 30% of battery and warning preventing to charge and in the morning the warning was still there and only 22% of battery which is honestly good for an hour of operation. I don't know where the moisture sensors are, and I don't care, I believe they are either not calibrated or the moisture level warning threshold is set too low as I'm telling you the phone was nowhere near the water since unboxed. and I want to hear solution of the Samsung experts. my old S5 mini is also waterproof and I had never issue with it. Samsung starts to suck, battery burning, recent S8 pixel issues and so on...
shaneuk
Apprentice
Options

i think samsung should recall the phones due to this issue

i got this new phone 5days ago and now i getting the charge issue and even though the phone is waterproof i not even had it in water so if its down to having it my pocket to cause this issue this is completly *****

so if the phone doesnt fix itself tomorrow i be contacting retail where i got the phone from and most likly change to a different brand phone

i think many other people who having issues are going to go a different direction if they dont come up with something to solve this issue ive never had a phone with a problem like this

shaneuk
Apprentice
Options

ive had mine 5days im sending it back and most likly im going to swap to a different brand seem to many issues with samsung now same with s8 i heard

so if my phone doesnt fix itself by tomorrow i going to take back to store and replace it with different brand

FlorinROU
First Poster
Options

Guys.. clean the USB port and also the 3.5 mm jack. that solved mine.

"moisture has been detected Samsung A5 2017"

To protect the usb port buy a magnetic charging cable

shaneuk
Apprentice
Options

well i got it replaced with another

but i might see if theres a usb cover i heard the magnetic after a while break

0 Likes
TM2
Apprentice
Options

Issue disappeared itself few days after my original post. No idea what caused it and what resolved it.

shaneuk
Apprentice
Options

im guessing the sensor maybe to sensitive

Elvis-A5-2017
First Poster
Options

Hi

Switch off your phone and charge it.