Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy A41 (SM-A415F) latest update failed

(Topic created on: 10-01-2021 04:57 PM)
Members_Rx4z884
Journeyman
Options

Today, 9.1.2021 phone offered me an update (A415FXXU1BTK5 ?).

When I accepted and initiated the update, it failed with

Failed to Update Firmware

I repeated the update with clear data, restart, download, a few times with the same result.

Is there something known out there yet, what can I do but wait and try again in a few weeks ?

Boris

16 REPLIES 16
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
Samsung is good at using terms that are meaning less. I have had this phone about 2 weeks and still cannot find my way around it. Is there no place where I can get a pdf that tells me about
1. Bixby - what is it.
2. Quick screen
3. how to get the fingerprint sensor to work in less than 12 seconds.
How to turn it on and off easily.
How to stop the screen turning off when I am using a recipe and my hands are covered in butter.
I have been using a purelyc android phone for ever, and the way that this one has been messed about with is annoying.
If it had been improved by the modifications it would make a difference.
just now it changed from android 10 to android 11..
cannot see one jot of difference except my Gmail no longer works.
Got to start over again.

And it's got Android Auto. All my cars use Tom Tom go. Hope auto will not interfere with that
0 Likes
Members_Rx4z884
Journeyman
Options

Hwalker1:

1. Bixby is the Samsung version of Siri, or whatever Apple has, at least how I understand (I don't use) it.

3. I understand the speed of fingerprint recognition is very much dependent on the CPU and firmware of the phone.

I use Nova launcher, I double-tap to activate-deactivate the screen.

Android Auto is an interface to show selected Android apps on the car screen. It has nothing to do with built-in car navigation. It's parallel to it.

bobica
Student
Options

Seems like installing Smart Switch doesn't solve the problem for me. Did you do anything else beside installing Smart Switch?

0 Likes
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
thanks for that.
0 Likes
Members_Rx4z884
Journeyman
Options

Well, I did not. After the last fail I literaly just installed Smart Switch back and went to run the update again.

In between the previous fails I restarted the phone a few times, cleaned the Google Play Store data, check the storage space, ...

You are having the same problem ? Is your storage space sufficient ?

0 Likes
bobica
Student
Options

Yeah, tried updating multiple times for now. Storage space ain't problem, as there is more than 32 GB of free space. Not sure what I am missing. Thanks for help anyway, cheers. :smiling-face:

edit: Smart Switch for PC did the job.

fahedhannawe
First Poster
Options
Hello my dls24 is kicking me out of the game what do I do
0 Likes