Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy A41 (SM-A415F) latest update failed

(Topic created on: 09-01-2021 04:58 PM)
Members_Rx4z884
Journeyman
Options

Today, 9.1.2021 phone offered me an update (A415FXXU1BTK5 ?).

When I accepted and initiated the update, it failed with

Failed to Update Firmware

I repeated the update with clear data, restart, download, a few times with the same result.

Is there something known out there yet, what can I do but wait and try again in a few weeks ?

Boris

17 REPLIES 17
SwillzG
Journeyman
Options
try hard reseting it hold down the power+volume up button should take u to ui settings clear cache and wipe and format from there then set phone back up as new hope that helps
0 Likes
SwillzG
Journeyman
Options
make sure phone is off first and if it has a home button you might have to hold that too with the other ones previous message
0 Likes
SirStottalot
Pathfinder
Options
remove sim and an sd card before doing a hard reset
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
How much internal storage free space do you have?
Members_Rx4z884
Journeyman
Options

24GB free. Can't be it.

0 Likes
Members_Rx4z884
Journeyman
Options

Not ready to reset the phone to factory - it has been serving me since the purchase fine and has no other problems.

0 Likes
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try Smart Switch on your PC
Members_Rx4z884
Journeyman
Options

Pugs1957: I thank you, sir (or madam), you obviously have experience (or just intuition) in the non-obvious workings of mobile phones. I got annoyed with the quite big yet in my eyes useless Samsung Smart Switch on my phone (not on the PC), as I did not plan to switch or move on to another phone, so I uninstalled it off the phone some weeks ago. As soon as you mentioned it, it occured to me that the phone update might also be using it to store and restore user data during a phone update. I reinstalled it on the phone and now the update is running normally. Samsung should include this in the needed apps or at least explain the reason of the failure after the update fails - it should be easy enough to detect. Have a great 2021 !

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks for your kind words. I've had phones since the 80s so have picked up a few things on my journey. Anyway, I'm glad to have helped.