Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 + problem: (Device Care) CPU overloading. Restart

(Topic created on: 11-04-2022 09:35 PM)
jay4jo
Explorer
Options

Hi I keep getting a message saying that apps are making my CPU to overload and i need to restart my phone it's only just started to happen. Is there anybody who knows what i can do to fix this thanks in advance jay.

32 REPLIES 32
smg1
Helping Hand
Options
To me this would tell me your ready for a factory reset. This may sound drastic but I'm sure a reset will solve all your issues.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

First try https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to hook up to a Computer or insert your earphones to enter into recovery mode. 

If no use then please consider @smg1 advice to factory reset.

If that does not help then a Samsung Service Centre can check out the phone.

I wish you all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Stumpy
Journeyman
Options
Only just started getting this message! Has any cure been found yet ,it's damned annoying. Galaxy s8+ old but good!
goldenbear17
First Poster
Options
I've been getting this message for a few weeks. Battery draining rapidly. Samsung 8..but still plenty memory left and a good phone.
Morningsurfer1
First Poster
Options

I agree.  Very disappointed with my purchase, wish I had of stuck with S8 plus

0 Likes
Speediechick
First Poster
Options

Me too, with my S8. Warm to touch, and battery draining by half within a couple of hours, and going flat overnight. I thought I fixed it by changing my Spotify app settings (disallowing Spotify to run in the background), but the issue has returned. Any progress with yours?

vixen78
Student
Options
I have the S8 and last few days I've been getting the same message and my phone goes very hot, deleted some apps and done a full scan etc but happened again this morning, not sure what to do
Suzanne86
First Poster
Options
I have an S8 and have been getting this notification every morning for about 3 weeks. Tried a full scan. Resetting my phone before bed. Still happens. Just went through and deleted a few apps that might be affecting it 🤷🏻‍♀️
Stumpy
Journeyman
Options
Two month's & STILL no reply or fix!!!
0 Likes