Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG DO NOT CARE WHAT THE CUSTOMER WANTS

(Topic created on: 04-04-2021 03:28 AM)
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
One UI 3.0 removes hide notch toggle on Galaxy devices ... 

Now will someone at Samsung please explain why this vital feature was removed by Samsung when the Android 11 update was installed on the Samsung phones that have the camera in the screen. 

I have a large capacity micro sd card in my phone with alot of movies on it. 

Now that Samsung has removed this vital feature, if I want to watch a movie on my phone, the experience is ruined because of the camera in the screen that is like a black dot on a TV screen. 

Extremely angry and annoyed with Samsung for taking away this feature. 

May I remind Samsung that the customers that buy Samsung phones, do so because Samsung phones have special and unique features that other android phones do not have. 

That is why we pay more because Samsung is the best. 

And then Samsung remove this feature. 

Bring this feature back immediately. 

All Samsung members, put pressure on Samsung to bring this feature back. 

Keep posting and complaining until they listen. 

16 REPLIES 16
AntS
Options

I thought that black bar/camera hide was completely gone too. But I was fiddling about with Samsung’s Good Lock app on my UK S10 (on One UI 3.1) today and came across a ‘The app size stretch to camera hole’ option at the bottom of the menu of the MultiStar module:

Screenshot_20210405-120934_MultiStar.jpg

Clicked into that and it gave me a menu of apps, and when clicking on one of them (YouTube in this case):

Screenshot_20210405-121431_MultiStar.jpg

Worked for me for producing the black bar/camera hole hide.

Not sure if it'll work for your A71 though, @STRATEGIST.

Galaxy Store app > search for 'Good Lock', and if it's available for your country and device it'll be there. Just install it and the various modules you want (e.g. MultiStar).

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I can confirm  that Multistar   hides the black hole/camera Bar for me too, so seems to be a fix. I am using an S10 as well though, hopefully will work with A71.

I appreciate the frustration  but from my perspective  Samsung take feedback  into account, though obviously does not mean we will always be satisfied. Constructive criticism is welcome here. 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
Hello friend, are you saying that Android version 12 is now available and it is
> UI 3.1 or is it just an update that is
UI 3.1 and more importantly, is this feature reintroduced on UI 3.1 ?

Or is this an app that has to be downloaded from playstore ?

Much appreciate your reply
0 Likes
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
My Grateful Thanks,
I have downloaded it and tried it, but because my A71 is still on ONE UI 3.0
It is not working as yet.
I called Samsung tech just after installing it and they said, it may only work after my A71 has the update to ONE UI 3.1 which will be rolled out to the A series Samsung phones after all the S series phones have 3.1 update.
So it's a waiting game now.
Wait and see I suppose.

But Samsung must bring back this feature as its what so many people want
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@STRATEGIST Missed this post previously  ,  I   do have One UI 3.1 though it may be a particular issue with the A71.  Anyway hopefully will be sorted in due course  once you have the latest release.

Just to confirm One UI 3.1 is   basically a minor different from Android 12 which will be a major release and the One UI is likely to be 4.0   It will be  September before any phones receive Android 12 and will be the Pixel Devices initially, will be longer wait for Samsung Devices.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks for that it's a question of waiting
0 Likes
fabio984
First Poster
Options

It'a really annoying. I want see movies (Disney+) with fullscreen and this cuts the screen a lot! Can't even try the Good Lock app (not available on my country).

Samsung A52S.

0 Likes