Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG DO NOT CARE WHAT THE CUSTOMER WANTS

(Topic created on: 04-04-2021 08:06 AM)
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
One UI 3.0 removes hide notch toggle on Galaxy devices ... 

Now will someone at Samsung please explain why this vital feature was removed by Samsung when the Android 11 update was installed on the Samsung phones that have the camera in the screen. 

I have a large capacity micro sd card in my phone with alot of movies on it. 

Now that Samsung has removed this vital feature, if I want to watch a movie on my phone, the experience is ruined because of the camera in the screen that is like a black dot on a TV screen. 

Extremely angry and annoyed with Samsung for taking away this feature. 

May I remind Samsung that the customers that buy Samsung phones, do so because Samsung phones have special and unique features that other android phones do not have. 

That is why we pay more because Samsung is the best. 

And then Samsung remove this feature. 

Bring this feature back immediately. 

All Samsung members, put pressure on Samsung to bring this feature back. 

Keep posting and complaining until they listen. 

16 REPLIES 16
CodyH
Voyager
Options
I have no idea what is your asking for.?
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
He/she wants the black bar at the top which hides the selfie camera instead of seeing it on the screen personally it has never bothered me in the slightest on the s20 had an iPhone which a notch before that and that didn't bother me either, everybody is different though
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Honestly, if your focus is on a small dot to the side of the screen, are you really engaged in what you're watching in the first place? I've personally never had issue with the centre punch hole and its at one of it's smallest yet with the S21. To each their own I guess.
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
The fact is, the black bar that Samsung used to hide the front screen camera cutout at the top middle of the A71 and other Samsung phoned by slightly lowering the screen below this dot so the customer would have the full experience, had now deliberately been taken away by Samsung.
Why ?
And why ca Samsung bring it back as an option as it has always been.

Samsung charge alot of money for their phones because of these features and then they take the features away.

That's how they will lose customers
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Not sure I'd call it a feature but I guess it's enough to irk some people. As always anything to bash on Samsung (not that they don't deserve it sometimes).
0 Likes
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
Well Samsung deliberately introduced this feature where you can have the camera cutout back dot showing or you can disable it and the screen reduces in hight just below the camera and you can watch and enjoy a full screen movie when outside or out and about.
Phones are more than phones now and people like me buy Samsung because of these extra features that other Android brands do not have.
Then Samsung take it away.
If I knew that this was going to happen, I would not have purchased my
Samsung A71 ,
I would have spent far less on another Android brand where the front camera is located on the bezel not in the screen.
When you spend extra money for the best, you don't want that company to take away features that there as a unique feature and selling point.

Why can't Samsung bring it back ?
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I'm not exactly sure what you're complaint is. It's not like you can't reduce zoom levels on pretty much all videos where it does not overlap the circle. Maybe you should just buy a phone with a camera and thick bezels, problem solved.
0 Likes
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
Alot of films on my sd card you cannot adjust the zoom levels without losing some other part of the film.
But you are right, I will not be buying Samsung phones anymore
0 Likes
Forzabox7154_SM
Pioneer
Options
Having the bar doesn't give the full experience
0 Likes