Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG DIRECTORS , BIG MISTAKE

(Topic created on: 22-04-2021 11:01 AM)
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
Millions of Samsung phone owners want this feature brought back by Samsung as soon as possible. 

Please copy and open the link below to see what the majority of Samsung customers are so angry about.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Millions? Only 19 people posted on that thread and not all of them were bothered. 

STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
That was only one thread I sent.
After alot of research online, there are millions of Samsung phone owners throughout the world that are annoyed and very unhappy with the ONE UI 3.0 update, going all the way back to Last year.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Why not use the Multistar option in Good Lock, to hide it?
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
I tried that, did not work
0 Likes
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
I tried that, did not work
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Again... why do you feel the need to do 3 back to back posts on this all the time? I'm actually unsure why no moderators have taken down the copy and pasted ones prior to this..

Evidence for "millions" of Samsung users or was it just a guess? Because I did research and turns out 51.43 million are positive towards the change, 23.8 million are indifferent, 75.43 million never noticed and 999,999 people are upset at the loss. Give or take ~100% either side of those figures because it's just a guess.

In your post before this and others too you refer to this feature as a vital feature. Stop calling it a 'vital' feature. There are software features that are 'vital' (absolutely necessary or essential, by definition) for certain people to even use a smartphone. Text to speech, high contrast and text resizing for can be 'vital' for partially sighted or blind people. Features that ensure a smartphone is actually functional for a start are vital and the ones that make them accessible to everyone are too. Adding software to hide the tiny camera cutout is not essential. Time to get a Samsung phone with a pop-up camera it seems. Buy a Samsung A80 or any other phone which has a popup camera function then if it is so vital.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
It is obvious that you feel passionately about this issue STRATEGIST and I respect your dogged determination and drive to get your point across to Samsung. I believe that a life without passion of belief is a life only half lived and if you don't fight for what you believe in or want then you will never get what you want. Full stop. Period. Good luck to you with this issue my friend. 👍
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I found this post which offers an explanation for the problem and a possible solution using an app

It seems like Google removed the overscan functionality in Android 11. I believe the hide camera cutout feature depends on setting the overscan such that the top of the screen display is moved down by some pixels. Without the overscan functionality, Samsung cannot retain the hide camera cutout feature. I am using Nacho Notch now to blacken out the status and navigation bar to at least hide the camera cutout most of the time unless I need to pull down the status bar to access the quick access panel.

I have read reviews about the app. It's not perfect. Perhaps it will help or perhaps not.

STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
May I be polite to you and say that you have to keep fighting for a cause to receive justice and the outcome you feel you deserve.
I am fighting for a cause of this issue that I am unhappy about.
You figures are inaccurate and if you feel personal offence that I am trying my best to get Samsung to bring back this feature, then as you have mentioned the moderators, may I suggest that you go through the correct process of complaining about me personally if you feel that I am personally causing you distress by mentioning this issue and please speak to the moderators about me personally.
This is a peaceful reply to you and I shall not engage in further dialogue with you.
May I remind you that as long as I am not abusive or offensive to anyone and I never have been and never will be.
Then I have every right on this forum to complain about something that I am not happy about until action is taken.
It is not your place to tell me what I am about to describe an issue like this, where it is a vital feature for me.
I wish you well and respect but please no more communication between us.
Please refer your complaint to the moderators.
0 Likes