Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Diagnostics Results Query

(Topic created on: 23-08-2021 05:29 PM)
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Just for context, I have a Samsung Galaxy S8.

Ok, so I ran this in the app and it says my battery life is weak! But, when I ran a third-party app that I think is reliable (phone check and test), it said my battery life was good.

It's true that while on mobile data, the battery life drains RAPIDLY! But, I heard this is the same for those with S20/S21.

I tend to use mobile data a lot when commuting, as I have 36GB every month. But, because of my poor battery life, I pretty much constantly leave it connected to my power bank, while I'm commuting and connected to mobile data. I'm worried that if I get the S21, I'm going to be faced with the same issue... What should I do? Any results/reports I should post?
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Connecting to Mobile Data can use more battery resources especially if commuting / travelling as the phone is invariably switching from one mast site to another as you and the phone moves. 

The phone's working harder to maintain a network signal.

The same if network signal is weak from the masts as again the phone is then working harder to keep connected @LiquidSnake 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Options
36GB? What are you doing to use the data? I have 160GB and rarely use 5GB per month... is WIFI possible while commuting? You could always take advantage of the phones battery saving settings? The S21Ultra seems to last the day while I'm out and about but I do plug in when in the car etc. I do also have WiFi in my car for when I need to upload a lot of data/watch a film or passenger's need WIFI... A good network could improve your issue but I will say, the newer the phone, the better the battery as they're constantly improving the technology...
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Wi-Fi is possible, but the speeds on that are trash compared to mobile data. Oh well, guess I'll live with it until my device stops becoming sustainable to use lol.
0 Likes
cavellix
Pathfinder
Options
I've got the S21+ and I've never had any problems whatsoever 👍I got the 20k black power bank and it's really good 👍 I'm on unlimited data all the time doing all sorts of stuff, never find my battery drains 🥳
0 Likes
cavellix
Pathfinder
Options
36g of data is nothing when all you use is data. I've nearly reached 1tb in a few of my months 😅
0 Likes