Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Contacts

(Topic created on: 27-09-2022 02:20 PM)
sm-a135u1ds
First Poster
Options

I have a Galaxy A13.

The A13 has carrier service. The A13 also has Google Voice installed.

The A13 comes with Samsung Contacts installed.  Since Google Voice is installed Google Contacts was also installed. 

Google Contacts is showing only contacts that were set up in Google Contacts.

Samsung Contacts is showing contacts that were set up in Samsung Contacts and showing contacts from Google Contacts.

How do I eliminate Samsung Contacts from showing contacts from Google Contacts?

When I delete a contact in Samsung Contacts that is from Google Contacts that contact end up being deleted in Google Contacts also.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Neo001
Legend
Options

In Samsung and Google Contacts, there is an option to show All contacts or only Google /Samsung contacts. In Google Contacts, select your Google account. In Samsung Contacts, select you Samsung account. This should keep the lists separate (unless there is an over in the contact lists). You can then delete the contacts that you want.

Solution
AndrewL
Options

@sm-a135u1ds: Further to the advice above by @Neo001, please head to the Samsung Contacts app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left, and look for a drop down option towards the top of the pop up window. This defaults to 'All contacts' but you can tap on it and select your Samsung account from here, so it only displays contacts from that source.

You can also select Manage contacts > Sync contacts, and toggle off your Google account from here.