Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Cloud Storage Server

(Topic created on: 06-04-2021 08:00 AM)
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
Samsung please read.

As Samsung is a multi billion pound company and the number one best manufacturer of Android phones.

Don't you think it is now about time that Samsung do not only rely on other companies for cloud storage, 
But Samsung build a massive server that offers only Samsung phone owners a huge amount of free cloud storage with every Samsung phone.
And it would be Secure and Encrypted.

Google Drive, BOX, DropBox 

These are all free and offer a certain amount of free storage. 

But Samsung customers want more free storage. 

Build bigger storage servers for us your customers 
10 REPLIES 10
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
You can use Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, Onedrive, Google One, Google Photos, Amazon Photos, literally most cloud companies apart from iCloud can be used.

Why they have made ties and went with Onedrive integration and Google integration is probably part of a mutually benefiting partnership and time will tell if they go for an Apple-esque full services integration but personally I like having options.

How much free cloud storage do you think Samsung should provide? You mentioned safe and encrypted as if to say the others are not?
0 Likes
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
I would say if you buy an expensive phone, 30GB free is fair
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Would be nice I suppose but 30gb wouldn't be enough for me, not nearly. So I'd still end up having to buy more. You can get 15gb free from Google, unlimited photo storage and 5gb video storage with a Amazon Prime Account and whatever Samsung offers already. You can mix and match and upload videos to one and photos to another. Some very cheap cloud storage options out there which even over 2 years the total cost wouldn't even be as expensive as the same SD card of equivalent storage. No worries about losing files from the cloud either unlike a corrupted microSD.
0 Likes
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
I agree with you absolutely.
As samsung make hard drives and all electronics, it would be cheaper for samsung to create a massive free storage cloud base
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsung has chosen to go  with more  Microsoft integration  (such as the  One Drive tie up)  primarily for Business reasons and there has been some demand from consumers for  greater functionality between  mobile and  computing Devices.   The strengths of both companies complement each other.     Of course One Drive will not suit everyone  but there are a variety of options for Cloud Storage.   Like it or not this is the route Samsung has gone down.  Some information in these articles .  https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/6/21357163/microsoft-samsung-your-phone-ecosystem-office-365-integra...   https://www.cloudduplicatefinder.com/blog/samsung-cloud-to-onedrive-migration-explained/ 

"A massive free cloud storage  "   would not be without  offsetting costs.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

G_erm
Pathfinder
Options
I agree there should be something that makes samsung stand out
0 Likes
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
As expensive as it may be to start with, if Samsung had a huge free cloud storage at least 3 times more than any other android make.
Samsung will blow the competition out of the game and even iPhone users will be buying Samsung.
The future is , huge free storage on the cloud.
That's what we want.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The result would be more expensive handsets and in the pandemic the  trend has tended to be in the other direction.  Realise there is  a demand for increased cloud storage but not everyone requires or needs  huge storage.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
Get this,
Google, Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, Twitter
All these companies use huge servers with huge hard drives to store data for cloud storage.

Who makes the servers and hard drives ?

Yes you guessed it.
Samsung make it for all these companies.

So it would be far cheaper for Samsung to make it for themselves and their customers as they would not need to make a profit on the equipment they make.
The cost would be minimal in the long term they will get their investment back tenfold by selling more and more phones that offer more free cloud storage more than any other brand
0 Likes