Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Cloud random syncing

(Topic created on: 14-07-2020 07:41 AM)
MarkB77
Apprentice
Options

Can anyone tell me if Samsung Cloud has been removed from Galaxy App Store? It is no longer listed for me there and it doesn’t even show up under My apps. I've had to search for it and manually update it through APKMIrror, after I noticed it was no longer updating since January and would randomly auto sync to Samsung Cloud every few days to a week. Samsung’s response to me was “Autobackup issue was fixed in the latest version of Samsung Cloud, 4.3.x. Please update Samsung Cloud app to the latest version” with no link or description provided by them to do so.

I previously had version 4.0.03.12, uninstalled the update and reverted back to version 3.8.00.4 to see if that helped with random syncing and to see if it would reshow up on Galaxy Store as an update, but didn’t, and it would still say “The latest version is already installed” no matter what older version of Samsung Cloud I’m using.

I’ve had several responses from Samsung that keep "copying and pasting" the same old repetitive solutions to me, and I keep telling them I've tried that with no solution. You have no idea how many times I've been told to "Reset Samsung Cloud" or send them my dumpstate log file to them. I’ve also had issues with the 2-Step Verification process, but that looks to be resolved currently.

Have they stopped Samsung Cloud support on my phone?

My phone:
Samsung Galaxy S8
Android version 9

Thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Wharncliffeowl
Pioneer
Options
I had an on screen message a couple of weeks ago saying Samsung cloud services were being moved over to Microsoft's s One Drive. It invited me transfer my backups to One Drive but the process failed mid way. Since then Samsung Cloud does not auto back up, but will do manual back ups. It seems it is no longer available from the Galaxy store.
0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

I uninstalled updates and cleared my apps data and had the same issue where it wouldn't update. I searched Google and located the latest version (samsung cloud apk 4.3.00.13) from apkmirror and was able to reinstall the latest version. Not sure why the update feature is not working.

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

If you try and load the online browser version of Samsung cloud they say there web service is limited for now, maybe this is related and there doing updates hopefully.

Support.samsungcloud.com

Screenshot_20200713-233640_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
MarkB77
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply.

I've heard "rumours" about being moved over to One Drive a while back from other sites, but kind of brushed it off and forgot about it. I wanted to hear it from them so I know it's official and not from a third party site. I really had wished Samsung would email or send out some sort of notification on my phone about their upcoming changes, like many other reputable companies do, sort of like "terms of service" emails that people have been getting for the past year, because that's how it's done and people NEED to know.

I honestly thought there was something going on with my phone, like maybe I tweaked too many settings or some sort of software is blocking it from syncing. And Samsung is absolutely no help at all. I've been asking them for almost 4 weeks now just for this one simple question - "Why is Samsung Cloud not syncing for me automatically?" They can't even answer my F'n question for me. And I know Samsung with eventually stop supporting Galaxy S8 and focus on newer models, it's a given. But it also makes me wonder, what other apps are no longer updating or syncing anymore? Is Samsung Cloud the only one, or are there more? 

Thank god Google's my friend.

0 Likes
MarkB77
Apprentice
Options

I bet there will be many S8 users thinking that their Cloud app is up to date. Just thought there would be more people like me having the same common issue.

Btw, I found out there is a new update to the Galaxy Store app itself on the APKMirror site, found version 4.5.18.6, but my older version of the Galaxy Store says is up to date, obviously it's not. I knew I would find new updates on there that Samsung isn't updating. Too time consuming to search for newer versions of each app - and probably system apps too.

What else are you not updating, Samsung, that I need to look for the latest versions to? Probably a new phone...

0 Likes
MarkB77
Apprentice
Options

Looks like they finally fixed the syncing issue. Seems like Samsung Cloud has been syncing almost daily now since they rolled out the latest software update. Although, Samsung Cloud is still not showing up under My Apps. 

0 Likes