Original topic:

Samsung Cloud Problems on Samsung Galaxy S7

(Topic created on: 10/03/18 12:20)
Zipp_Singh
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi folks,

I have been a Samsung customer for a while but now I have a Samsung S7 I have embraced Samsung Cloud ... HOWEVER ... I have moved my music and images from my old Samsung Galaxy S5 and it is showing in my Cloud ...

The question is ...

How can the music be transferred to Samsung Music so I can start using it like before and how can the images show in my Gallery from the Cloud.

Sorry, it's probably a simple solution but I am still getting my head around it !!!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
John4Oh
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

@Zipp_Singh

Sorry I gave you the guide for the S8.

For the S7 go to Settings > Cloud and accounts > Backup and restore > Restore and follow the instructions and that'll restore all the data you backed up to your new phone. 

Zipp_Singh
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
My issue is that my pics aren't showing in the gallery under the folders they're saved in and my music is not in Samsung music like my S5.

I'll try the backup and restore but Samsung have logged a job to look into it online on thursday
0 Likes
John4Oh
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

Did you check your downloads folder in 'my files' @Zipp_Singh and see if they're in there and try and move them to the device or to your sd card (if you have one) and see if the pictures are then in your gallery and your downloaded music is the Samsung music app, give it a try because it won't do any harm before Samsung have a look at it for you

0 Likes
Zipp_Singh
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

It appears from searching Google that I have .nomedia folders which may prevent media images and videos appearing in the gallery with  regards to receiving WhatsApp messages.

I've deleted what I can see restarted the phone but no change

I will await advice and support from Samsung thanks for your help

John4Oh
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

Ah I see @Zipp_Singh, you're welcome, and please let me know how you get on at Samsung on Thursday, goodluck. 

0 Likes
Solution
Zipp_Singh
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

It appears from searching Google that is a common problem now and again. I have a file called .nomedia in all the folders under WhatsApp. This apparently prevents your device from saving the media to the gallery so your have to go into My Files everything to view or delete it or share it.

The article advised to down an app called ES File Explorer and in the settings of that app turn Hidden Files "ON" 

I did this rebooted my phone and my gallery now has all my pics in their respective folders and my music is in the Samsung Music app I just have to recreate my playlists which isn't a big task.

See below ... I really needed the pics in the gallery so I can view and get them printed off

Thanks so much for the support. It's the first time I've really embraced using the cloud 

Screenshot_20180310-211151.png

View solution in context

John4Oh
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

@Zipp_Singh

That's great news buddy and I'm sure this will help anyone else with the same issue in future, thanks for the update. ☺