Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung breaking Consumer Laws

(Topic created on: 22-02-2021 03:22 PM)
tomYorkshire
Apprentice
Options

Can anyone here help?

Last November I bought M51 from Samsung UK. 2 months later, 20th of January this year, the phone stopped charging or connecting to the computer. Initial contact with Customer Service seemed very efficient, they picked up the phone for repairs the next day. The problem is that today, 32 days later, I am still without my phone as they are waiting for parts. I tried to escalate with customer service and point out that the Consumer Protection Act 2015 requires them to replace the device is the repair would cause significant inconvenience. As you may imagine, not having a phone during national lockdown, especially that it's my main work tool, is a significant inconvenience. I've been told they don't care and they refused the escalate the problem to someone who could resolve it.

What should I do? I never before came across a company who just blatantly says "we don't care about the legislation" and we will do whatever we want. Anyone else experienced that or knows what could I do to get it resolved?

31 REPLIES 31
Bwillg
Navigator
Options
it would sound like you spoke to just wrong person. Samsung cannot refuse a complaint by law and they wouldn't. Best option is to write a letter of complaint to samsung and send via customer service email. then call few days later for confirmation of receipt. they then have a set time to reply to you and if they don't or there response is not to your satisfaction you can then complain to the ombudsman.
But to start If you have access to twitter or Facebook, go to the samsung UK page and they are very responsive and might be able to offer help.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Rae
Journeyman
Options
Personally I would take to social media if your complaints are not answered as the social media teams pick it up and send it back over to complaints themselves. I just had to do so with my boiler repair. Not to slander the company but to get the attention I needed for the case to be dealt with efficiently.
Best of luck
tomYorkshire
Apprentice
Options

They can't by law but they did. I wrote a nice email quoting the legislation and the fact that 30 days to repair a mobile phone is against it (...within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience to the consumer...). Not having a phone for a month in quarantine is a significant inconvenience. The reply was the same bot message "we are waiting for parts, will update you when ready". Then I called and asked to be put to someone with authority to deal with escalations and that was refused. I messaged them on all social media, wrote number of facebook posts, trustpilot review, you name it. Running out of options, hence my cry for help.

Imagine a month without a phone in lockdown, when your phone is also your office. Nightmare.

Bwillg
Navigator
Options
I can imagine has been nightmare for you. I never experienced an issue with lodging complaint and having resolved through the route I mentioned above. if you really have been knocked back on all contact methods then would suggest following the link below from Pugs1957 and send email to ceo office and hope gets responded to.
hope it gets sorted ASAP for you.
tomYorkshire
Apprentice
Options

Thanks guys, I used the email the CEO form, will see what that will change. I'm really stunned by the experienced. I have been loyal to Samsung for years and just be kicked in the teeth like that. Oh well. Will see if the escalation helps.

0 Likes
PaulMrT
Pathfinder
Options
CEO and Social Media best option, I had similar with Amazon until I emailed Jeff Bezos directly albeit someone in his office picked it up and boom! the same dept in Amazon being unhelpful suddenly did what I asked to be done 2 months prior! Ombudsman is a very long process so I'd stick to the aforementioned 👍
fold5G
Voyager
Options

Samsung always reject warranty. Not only this. They charge u for Assessment.

You must KEEP ur mobile good as new🤣🤣. Dayly use signs?  Any small dents. Means nö warranty.

• In USA they took Samsung for court( camera glass in s20/s20 plus/ ultra/ fold/fold2. Samsung scamm costomers to void warranty😂😂. But they caught them. 
Members_yoL7Mr9
Student
Options

Report them, and escalate matters to the authority to prevent further fraudulent actions taken by Samsung!