Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S9 plus moisture detected?

(Topic created on: 02-07-2018 03:17 PM)
Vivienne45
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Anyone else having issues with charging and moisture detection?

Handset not been near water and can only guess humidity from warm air . I've never had this problem with any other samsung handset?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
MasukaH
Voyager
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @Vivienne45!

For how long has the phone been showing the Moisture Detected message? Water will naturally dry or evaporate from the USB charging port within approximately 1 to 2 hours. Gently shake the phone and/or blow into the USB charging port to help remove water or moisture from the port. If you’re still having problems, we’ll neeed to inspect the phone so we can get this looked into for you. Support Centres can be found here.

:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Vivienne45
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Started two weeks ago , wouldn't charge for two days , worked fine after and started again

. Happens after air conditioning is on in office ?

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Other Smartphones
In this case we'd advise you to pop into your local Samsung Support Centre so our engineers can take a look at this for you. You can find your closest using the link provided previously.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the Community!

Tapiwa
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I have had the worst experience with Samsung got a note 9 less than two months ago not it not charging moisture detection what cause that

0 Likes
Tapiwa
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Note 9 moisture detected What should I do because the phone is heating up and draining the battery I am starting to hate Samsung sadly I have owned Samsung phone from s3 to note 9 just hate the fact that I have to hope that my phone charges every night . What causes that

0 Likes
Gixer1
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I know it's not ideal but I have to turn off my s9+ just to be able to charge it. I have emailed Samsung and they told me to back up the phone and then do a complete factory reset. I have not done this yet but will see if this works.

0 Likes
mark86
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I had the same issue (still having) and discovered something very interesting. FYI, I tried a factory reset, safe mode, and cleaning options and still did not work.

In the beginning, holding down the lock and volume-down keys buttons for a hard reset and then plugging in the charging cable (let's call it Solution 1.1)  worked in some cases.

Long story short:

Option 1: I was doing Solution 1.1 with a 5Volts/1Amps charger and it worked but no fast charging.

Option 2: I try again Solution 1.1 using the Samsung charger ("fast charging") of 5Volts/2amps and it did not work.

You probably will think it was damaged and/or wet but it was not. When I unplugged the cable while in Option 1 to try to plug it into the Samsung charger (for fast charging) the "Moisture detected" error/message appeared immediately.

For sure, this is a software issue and/or something related to the actual charger (not the USB cable).

Hope this works for you and everybody.

P.D. The 5V/1A charger used on Option 1 was a simple lamp with a USB connection. Those types of lamps you can get in almost any store. Probably it will work with any 5V/1A charger.

0 Likes
Natalye_lynn
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

i just bought this phone 2 weeks ago. 3 days ago is when the moisture detected popped up on my phone.i havent had it near water nor have i dropped it. ive did everything from cleaning the usb port out, switching chargers,using a blowdryer on cool to dry the moisture up, and went on setting and force stop android system. Ive been using a wireless battery pack to charge amy phone but it gets annoying. 

0 Likes