Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S9 Plus April update - Front Camera changed from 8MP to 5.2MP

(Topic created on: 19-07-2019 01:10 PM)
Ruthvic
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I found my S9 + front camera resolution to be reduced from 8MP to 5.2MP. And also the pictures taken with the front camera are zoomed after they are clicked. Is this a bug in the update ?

17 REPLIES 17
Maggs1
Voyager
Options

Hi. I contacted sam live chat to confirm what i thought it was but wasnt sure. Heres what they told me.

Was on sam live chat to confirm what i thought but wanted to be sure. This is what they told me.

Front camera will normally change it's MP usage since wide angle option will always use the maximum MP available which is the 8MP. And as for the normal portrait one. It will normally use the 5.2pm option to maximise the zoom feature. 

0 Likes
Maggs1
Voyager
Options

Hi. Update didnt change the front camera. I checked a friends s7 edge and its the same. Here what samsung told me.

Front camera will normally change it's MP usage since wide angle option will always use the maximum MP available which is the 8MP. And as for the normal portrait one. It will normally use the 5.2pm option to maximise the zoom feature. 

0 Likes
sudipta_m
First Poster
Options

My new phone sm-g965f sunrise gold purchased from agartala show room.i found front camera setting 5.2 more but in packet and site shown 8 mp.what is the cause?

0 Likes
sudipta_m
First Poster
Options
Please reply
0 Likes
Maggs1
Voyager
Options
Just read my comment above.it will explain for you.
0 Likes
Maggs1
Voyager
Options
Same as my s9 plus. The reason this is Front camera will normally change it's MP usage since wide angle option will always use the maximum MP available which is the 8MP. And as for the normal portrait one. It will normally use the 5.2pm option to maximise the zoom feature. But in selfie its 8mp.
0 Likes
Ke13
First Poster
Options

Thanks a lot guy, it really works for my Galaxy Note 9. Pls can anyone help me out with this, my Galaxy Note 9 N960N still shows some Chinese characters even though the language setting is in English, I'm in Lagos, Nigeria, what do I do Pls?

0 Likes
Ruthvic
Apprentice
Options
@Ke13 - Please create new thread for new questions to easily track. But here is the solution. Go to
Settings -> general management-> language and input -> on screen keyboard-> samsun keyboard -> language and types. Here you can add/remove languages appearing on the keypad.

Quick tip: long press space bar and swipe left or right ..to change the input language.
0 Likes