Support

Open search

S8 switched off and wont switch on again

Highlighted
SOLVED

A couple of weeks ago, my partner put his Samsung Galaxy 8 Plus on to charge overnight. When he woke up the screen was totally black and it wouldn't switch it on at all. It still won't switch on now, many weeks later. He's tried all the advice online to fix it but nothing. 

Can someone help him please?

NB: we tried to get it fixed via the warranty but there's a slight crack from when our baby dropped it so they won't honour the warranty 😞

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Florencesmum

You could try a Hard Reset but be aware this can and will delete your saved data. 

Samsung-g950f-galaxy-s8/hardreset/first-method.

If this fails to help then the drop of the phone may have caused further issues within the phone which requires an engineer's attention. 

Your 24 month manufacturing warranty does not cover accidental damage so it isn't a case of not "honouring" the warranty, but they will still attempt a repair but would most probably charge you for the work. 

The other option which would also cost and also void the manufacturer warranty is to ask a Highstreet store that advertises repairs to take a look. 

Be aware tho that if they break the seals and fail to remedy the Issue then Samsung may not look at the phone at all. 

Another option is to make use of any household insurance and or some Bank Accounts offer mobile phone cover as a perk of the account. 

However T&C's and excess fee's would most likely apply. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Florencesmum

You could try a Hard Reset but be aware this can and will delete your saved data. 

Samsung-g950f-galaxy-s8/hardreset/first-method.

If this fails to help then the drop of the phone may have caused further issues within the phone which requires an engineer's attention. 

Your 24 month manufacturing warranty does not cover accidental damage so it isn't a case of not "honouring" the warranty, but they will still attempt a repair but would most probably charge you for the work. 

The other option which would also cost and also void the manufacturer warranty is to ask a Highstreet store that advertises repairs to take a look. 

Be aware tho that if they break the seals and fail to remedy the Issue then Samsung may not look at the phone at all. 

Another option is to make use of any household insurance and or some Bank Accounts offer mobile phone cover as a perk of the account. 

However T&C's and excess fee's would most likely apply. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

View solution in original post

Top Liked Authors