Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S8 service provider update has stopped

(Topic created on: 07/08/17 15:51)
Parm
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I keep getting this message constantly especially when I connect to Wi-Fi, I keep on having to close the message by clicking on the close app. I've already contacted three and got a SIM swap but it's still there. I've tried o2 SIM on the s8 and it still comes up with the message of service provider update has stopped. I bought the phone on 7 May and already getting this constant problem maybe every 20 30 mins please help 

91 REPLIES 91
Raghebhnl
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

he already in installed the update but still have the same problem

0 Likes
AntS
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @terry009. Dates are difficult to give as it involves testing and any necessary back and forths between all those involved at the development end (networks as well Samsung etc.). All we can say for sure is that our guys and their guys are working on stuff together to get it out there as quickly and best they can.

0 Likes
terry009
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks for the reply 

Someone else posted that there was a update out in the UK and I have done a update last night and the problem hasn't happened yet 

🤞

AntS
Options
Other Smartphones

No worries, @terry009. Let us know how it goes. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
terry009
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

It's been over a week now 

So it's all looking good in the UK 

🤞👍

mrnutnut
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I'm UK and still not had this update on o2. Every time I check for an update I still get the poxy message

0 Likes
Fadhly
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Im in asia and the update is out few days back. Problem solved.

terry009
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi mate I'm on Vodafone 

But I did a manual update 

Go to

Settings 

Software update 

Download update manually 

I did that and everything has been ok since 

Jake_CA1
Options
Other Smartphones

OK I'm not satisfied.

My S8 started doing this last week after the update...

This problem has continuously received new complaints for over a month now, and has failed to be resolved by the latest update. 

This ***** little pop up screen has become an annoying & inconvenient nuisance, randomly popping up during the middle of writing a text, dialing phone number, etc.

And basically, what I'm hearing on this forum, is that I paid a $1000 to buy a phone that's only 2 weeks old & already has a problem that Samsung hasn't been able to fix in the month since it was first brought to their attention.

I find that completely unacceptable.

After the battery in my tablet had a meltdown, I still bought another Samsung because sometimes things just go wrong, and up until then I've been happy with Samsung products... 

Just 2 weeks with my S8, and I'm not happy... just annoyed, disappointed,

and ready to throw it back at AT&T through their window.

0 Likes
Jamal2000
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi, every time i receive a call from my friend it comes up as unknown i have the S8 by the way. If this could be resolved I would appreciate it.

0 Likes