Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S8 service provider update has stopped

(Topic created on: 27/07/17 11:38)
Parm
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I keep getting this message constantly especially when I connect to Wi-Fi, I keep on having to close the message by clicking on the close app. I've already contacted three and got a SIM swap but it's still there. I've tried o2 SIM on the s8 and it still comes up with the message of service provider update has stopped. I bought the phone on 7 May and already getting this constant problem maybe every 20 30 mins please help 

91 REPLIES 91
Raghebhnl
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

yeaaa finally the update has been arrived and the problem is solved 100% 

i think every one will get it soon 

0 Likes
Fadhly
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

How come this update took ages to be release in asia region??????? Cmon guys!!!! Wat da ****** is gg on?!?!

0 Likes
AntS
Options
Other Smartphones

@Fadhly: Software updates need to be tailored by and for the individual regions, with factors such as networks and various local services at play, which can dictate how long it all takes.

Glad that the update is working out for those who've got it so far, though! :smileyhappy:

ricksutliffe
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I have the same problem. "service provider update has stopped" error every time I switch or turn WiFi on or Off. I've followed all the suggestions on this forum, but the error continues. Very annoying on a very expensive phone. Please provide a solution. 

0 Likes
terry009
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
Thank for letting us know that but have you any idea when the update will be available in the UK 👍
0 Likes
Raghebhnl
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

hey Rick did you update your phone to the last software that released from two days or what ?? i can help you avoid this annoying pop up message 👍

0 Likes
Raghebhnl
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Terry i'm In  the Netherlands i had the update from 2 days until now i think in the UK must be available just go to sitting and do a manually check for an update 

0 Likes
ricksutliffe
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Thank you for your reply. I installed the update from a couple days ago, but I still get the error.

0 Likes
Raghebhnl
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

you need to :

1- turn off the phone 

2-start the phone into save mode ( by pressing power on until thou will see Samsung logo released and press volume down - stay like this until the phone will on in safe mode ) and you will see a word In the left bottom of your screen tell you are In a safe mode 

3- open setting 

4- go to device maintenance 

5- storge 

6- in the top right you must find storage setting 

7- internal shared storage 

8- you will see all types of files stored in the phone press on ( cached data ) and press clear 

9- restart your phone in a normal mode and i think they problem will bee solved 

Kind regards 

0 Likes
Simbcfc1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

This doesn't work

You have to wait for the Samsung update to resolve 

It's coming out now country by country 

Thanks 

0 Likes