Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S8 service provider update has stopped

(Topic created on: 20/07/17 17:28)
Parm
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I keep getting this message constantly especially when I connect to Wi-Fi, I keep on having to close the message by clicking on the close app. I've already contacted three and got a SIM swap but it's still there. I've tried o2 SIM on the s8 and it still comes up with the message of service provider update has stopped. I bought the phone on 7 May and already getting this constant problem maybe every 20 30 mins please help 

91 REPLIES 91
Raghebhnl
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Sham on Samsung to make a high price phone like s8 and they didn't solve a small problem like this ..

I'm thinking like you  to change my phone to any thing else 

mukenio
Options
Other Smartphones

Someones said that doing a long press in the notification solved the problem

0 Likes
Fadhly
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

No it doesnt. I have already lost hope with Samsung. End of story.

0 Likes
Simbcfc1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

It needs a software update to fix it but we have all been waiting since April, 

Shocking support 

0 Likes
Fadhly
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Why do we even bother now anyway. There will be nothing from samsung to solve this issue. Live with this bug guys.

0 Likes
SachikoT
Community Manager
Options
Other Smartphones

We want to thank you all for your patience while we looked into these reports for you. The moderators have passed on your comments and examples to more technical folks than ourselves, which means that we can now inform you that we will be resolving this through an upcoming software update. 

We will work with our partners the channel operators to get this update our across all variants of the S8 and S8+.

Thank you for all your feedback that helps us improve our services.

^SachikoT

0 Likes
terry009
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Now here this 

Someone is actually listening to us 

I know it's hard to believe after 3 months 

But don't hold your breath 

0 Likes
Fadhly
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

DO SOMETHING FAST!! THE FACT THAT IT TOOK MORE THEN 3 BLOODY MONTHS FOR YOU GUYS TO TAKE ACTION JUST SHOWS THE LEVEL OF ATTENTIVENESS AND CARE YOU PEOPLE AT SAMSUNG POSSESSED!!

0 Likes
Fadhly
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi samsung, would you kindly let us know roughly when will this update be released?

0 Likes
TimN
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
Still waiting. After two updates from T-Mobile and still not fixed. Please prioritize. Too busy working on Bixby?
0 Likes