Did you mean:Β 

Original topic:

S8 service provider update has stopped

(Topic created on: 28/06/17 23:07)
Parm
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I keep getting this message constantly especially when I connect to Wi-Fi, I keep on having to close the message by clicking on the close app. I've already contacted three and got a SIM swap but it's still there. I've tried o2 SIM on the s8 and it still comes up with the message of service provider update has stopped. I bought the phone on 7 May and already getting this constant problem maybe every 20 30 mins please help 

91 REPLIES 91
Simbcfc1
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Great thank you 

0 Likes
Manish
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Just thought I'd add my concerns to this list.

I have an EE locked phoned and the last update I got was at the end of April and nothing else since. I do check regularly but the phone just tells me I have the lastest update but I'm sure other updates have been sent out since the phone was launched.

Currently on :

G950FXXU1AQDG/G950FEVR1AQDG/G950FXXU1AQDG.

Is there anyway to make the phone pick up global software updates pushed out by Samung rather than ones issues by EE? or can I download the latest software update and install that myself?

0 Likes
Fadhly
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi Samsung, this is what i feel before and after the software updates.

Before - changing to wifi network will prompt the message "Service provider update have stopped." Nothing else, and thats still ok.

After update - changing between wifi and using data, the message still occurs, and guess what, the bloody phones freeze for a good 2 seconds!!! Bloody wonderfull!! 

From having no lag whatsoever and after the software update, it freezes my phone everytime i change between wifi and data. Simply bloody wonderfull!!! Im really enjoying every moment of using this bloody phone!!

Keep it up samsung!

0 Likes
terry009
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Dear Samsung I'm thinking of moving over to APPLE 

Any chance you could persuade me not to 😠😠😠😠😠😠

🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏

0 Likes
Manish
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

:smileylol:

The customer service from Samsung is unbelivable.

Why does it take them so long to respond to their own customers concerns on their own support forum.

Come on Samsung help us out a little here!!

0 Likes
Filito
Observer
Options
Other Smartphones

I have the same problem. Tried everything. Bought spanish s8+ version and unlock Regional lock with code provided from customer service to use in south america. Every time I turn on The phone or switch from WIFI to 3g/4g, receive this error message. I really hate it. Try to fix asap.

0 Likes
mrnutnut
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Keep getting this message daily, sick off it now. Samsung are aware of this but won't fix it, i'm seriously thinking of switching to Apple now. There IS a service provider app in the apps and you can force stop it but not delete. This stops for it for a while but after a few hours it starts itself again and the errors come back!!!

0 Likes
Fadhly
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Haha all of us is facing this same issue. Well, lets wait on what Samsung can do about this. But yeah hell yeah i know its ***** irritating..!

mrnutnut
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
I'm a huge Samsung phone fan and hate apple, but this message is so annoying i'm thinking of swapping!!! I noticed they now allow you to send a report when it comes up, I add a screen shot of the message and still they ignore you. *****s!!!
0 Likes
Fadhly
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi anyone, any idea when samsung will release this update?

0 Likes