Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8 Password not working

(Topic created on: 18-04-2020 08:13 AM)
MiaEddie
Apprentice
Options

About 3 months ago my phone (S8+) started asking for a password to unlock the screen (not to turn on). I only had a pin set up so used the Find My Mobile unlock feature to unlock.

I checked my security settings and put in a password. The next time I turned my phone off this happened again, but it wouldn't accept the password and I had to use Find My Mobile again.

I've now stopped turning my phone off, but yesterday after an android update it asked for a password again. I used Find My Mobile and although it located my phone the unlock feature wouldn't work. I then tried a password and it told me I had to wait 243 mnutes until I could try again!

This has now been going on for over 24 hours, I've let my battery die, I've tried safe mode and nothing is working. I'm desperatley trying not to do a factory reset as there are photos on there of my baby that I haven't had chance to upload to anywhere else yet. Like a lot of people I'm currently working from home so need access to my phone. Please can someone help me? Thank you in advance. 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AsadM
Options
Hi @MiaEddie. Hope you're doing well. Which password are you being asked for on the phone? Is your phone switched on now? If so, does Find My Mobile locate your phone?
0 Likes
MiaEddie
Apprentice
Options

@AsadM wrote:
Hi @MiaEddie. Hope you're doing well. Which password are you being asked for on the phone? Is your phone switched on now? If so, does Find My Mobile locate your phone?

Hi, it's turned on but it's still telling me I have to wait 182 minutes. Unfortunately the timer reset when my phone turned back on. It's the screenlock password, but I don't have one set up, I've always used a pin

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
When did your phone switch on? How much time is remaining?
0 Likes
MiaEddie
Apprentice
Options
It turned back on about 45 minutes ago, there is currently 176 minutes remaining.
0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Please monitor this, and when the time is up, try accessing your phone. Do let us know how you get on. 

0 Likes
MiaEddie
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I can 100% guarantee the same thing will happen again as I've been through it about 6 times in the last 24 hours. The timer ends and then I try to use Find My Mobile but it still says it can't unlock. This is what I was getting yesterday. Screenshot 2020-04-16 at 17.44.51.png

0 Likes
MiaEddie
Apprentice
Options

Still no luck as you can seeScreenshot 2020-04-18 at 08.12.20.png

0 Likes
RalucaM
First Poster
Options

Hi! I have a similar problem. Sometime ago my phone started not to accepte my password even though it was correct. I managed to unlock my phone and delete my password with Find My Phone. Today I updated my phone and it asked me the password again. Nothing worked so far. I tried Find My Phone again and it shows me the same error as yours over and over again. Did you manage to solve it? If you did, can you tell me how? If you didn't, please tell me what have you done.

0 Likes
MiaEddie
Apprentice
Options

Hiya! I couldn't get it to work 😞 I had to factory reset my phone and now it won't let me set up any security on it at all. I hope you have more luck than me!

0 Likes