Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S8 loud "beep" sound

(Topic created on: 07/02/19 22:39)
Options
Other Smartphones

Hello,

I've got a weird problem with my Samsung S8. It started making a loud beep every 30 seconds or so. I've seen it's a fairly common problem, but the proposed solutions don't work in my case for some reason:

• I've turned off NFC and the problem continues;
  • I've turned off Bluetooth and the problem continues;
  • I've put the phone in flight mode and the problem continues (I actually have a flight tomorrow and this could be annoying for 2 hours I guess... that makes for a whopping 240 beeps!);
  • I've uninstalled a bunch of applications I didn't need and the problem continues;
  • I've turned OFF my phone and the problem continues - yes every 30 seconds even with the phone switched off!
  • I've wiped out the cache and the problem continues;
  • I've also booted in safe mode and the problem continues.

That's it for the solutions I've found on the internet and on this forum as well... does anybody have another idea? I'm currently trying to drain the battery completely and seeing if even WITHOUT BATTERY the problem continues. The next step will be the exorcist I guess.

Please help.

Please.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Options
Other Smartphones

I'll see if I can't hunt down some things for you to try, @Luke71017  and in the end if we can't fix it, I guess I'll just help you do the exorcism... I've been watching a lot of Supernatural recently. 

So, after doing some hunting I've come across a few suggestions that you haven't tried yet.

Can you check to make sure you haven't got Notification Reminders on? Settings > Accessibility > Notification Reminder > Off. 

:fisted-hand:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes