Support

Open search

S8 keep getting a notification about smartdevicelink

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

I keep getting a notification about "smartdevicelink" looking for connection which times out after about 10 seconds. When I click on the message it takes me to another screen where I can  select "Ford" or turn off, I turned it off but it still keeps appearing! Anybody have any idea how to not just silence it but to fully disable it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

No it's just Bluetooth although I think I have found the culprit, it looks like a weather app on my phone looking for a car even though it is turned off in the weather app. Accuweather looks like the prime candidate!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Hi @Opt

Have you established a Bluetooth connection with any external devices recently? Your phone may be in range of that device and attempting to connect with it therefore if you have Bluetooth active on your phone please disable it and look to see if the problem persists.
Highlighted

I turned off Bluetooth which seams to stop the notification, thank you, however I need Bluetooth on to connect to Fitbit and also my car hands-free so I may need to look for another fix but Thanks for the swift reply. 

Highlighted

Hi @Opt.

Do you use any apps in particular when connecting to your car, i.e. weather updates, music apps?

Highlighted

No it's just Bluetooth although I think I have found the culprit, it looks like a weather app on my phone looking for a car even though it is turned off in the weather app. Accuweather looks like the prime candidate!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

That would have been the next suggestion @Opt! Glad you've found it!

Highlighted

Thanks all

Top Liked Authors