Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

S8 - How to power off phone with security?

(Topic created on: 16/02/19 19:54)
Lim
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi folks,

Is there such a feature in Samsung's devices where you can enable security when powering off your phone?

I remember I used to have such feature enable in my S7, everytime I want to power off my S7, my phone will prompt me for the password which is the pattern lock that I have chosen.

I couldn't find it on my S8.

44 REPLIES 44
Arjun1
Options
Other Smartphones

How bro im using s7 edge.i recently updatemy phone software to oreo. But before that mybpjone required password to power off but after that it doesn't ask any passwords when power off my phone pls help me or guide me to how to enable password when power off my phone!!

PSYSCHOLOGICAL
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

I also just discovered my S8 with all these security features can be easily turned off in lock screen even with lock network and security turned on . So wat is the point if my phone can be easily turned off . 

IndustrialCoder
Observer
Options
Other Smartphones

Bro, stop saying bro, and your response is not relevant or helpful

Vuxs
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

https://youtu.be/tVXjinmCvlY

This helped me and now it works

0 Likes
Chris2468
Options
Other Smartphones

Same issue here, had my s9 stoked out of my hand by a bike thief. Find my phone wouldn't work, probably because they turned the phone off. Having a pin to power down a handset was available with my s6. Disappointing to see a lot of fluffy security features most people won't use. Unless I'm missing something???

PSYSCHOLOGICAL
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

All these great security features is pointless when your phone is stolen . 

Raje_Allday
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Yes power off I sent this answer on another forum as am.looking for that feature as well...what's the point of having security and find my phone in GPS location if someone just has to turn the phone off kind of point less as with this answer

Elkapitan
Options
Other Smartphones

Thank you, this works. I was desperately trying to enable this feature on Samsung Galaxy A6+ after losing my Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro recently. Thieves powered off my phone within a minute of snatching it making it difficult to track

0 Likes
VeeSter
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

So took me some time, and I finally figured it out!

Problem:

Someone can easily power off the phone when the phone is locked. I want a passcode enabled when someone attempts to power off the device when the phone is locked.

Solution:

1) Go to the following website: http://findmymobile.samsung.com

2) Once logged in, in the box on the right side of the screen there are plenty of options for your device. We need to click "Lock".

3) There's an explanation of what it does. Click "Next". Type in a PIN number and the other optional information.

4) Device will become locked remotely. Use the PIN to unlock. Next time you attempt to turn off the phone on the lock screen, it will ask for the PIN or any of the other password types. Voila, problem solved!

0 Likes
PSYSCHOLOGICAL
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

My phone wont unlock now . Its saying I requested it to be locked . 

0 Likes